12 month limit

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 month limit

Just a quick poser? I have a friend that has just recieved her visa for New Zealand (family catergory) Am i correct in thinking that she has 12 months to enter NZ from her medical or police check which ever came first? As is the case with OZ? Or does she have 12 months from visa grant?
Regards Chris
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 month limit

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Just a quick poser? I have a friend that has just recieved her visa for New Zealand (family catergory) Am i correct in thinking that she has 12 months to enter NZ from her medical or police check which ever came first? As is the case with OZ? Or does she have 12 months from visa grant?
Regards Chris
Moved to the NZ forum to get a better response.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 1:20 am

Kiwi26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12 month limit

Hi, almost right but not quite.

Applicants are provided with two visas, one is valid for 12 months from issue date (date of approval) and is a single entry. This is the Residence Visa, they will use to enter NZ. Once they have arrived, and they have received their permit (Entry stamp at the airport), they will then have 2 years from the date of arrival on their Returning Resident's Visa (RRV). This visa lets you come and go.

So to cut a long story short, the 12 months is not taken from Police Clearance or Medicals, but rather from the date of acceptance and issue of the visa. (this is noted on the visa itself).

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise.