Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

11th of the 11th - serious thread

11th of the 11th - serious thread

Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:56 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default 11th of the 11th - serious thread

Just a space for us to think of those who sacrificed so we can have our freedoms, may they rest in peace and never be forgotten

Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:19 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11th of the 11th - serious thread

We tend to forget about Remembrance Day in NZ. I have been to every Anzac day service since arriving here as that is the day of remembrance here.

I hope that the World never has to endure anything even close to WW1 or WWII ever again. Human life is worth more than that.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:14 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

If only the fallen could be respected in their efforts in peace....

Instead we have to put up with idiots...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15678275

Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: 11th of the 11th - serious thread

Thank you Lardyl

A very nice idea, and it has certainly made me stop and remember.

Anna
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:13 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Why are they selling poppies in town today Mummy ??
The poppies, are flowers of love for the men who marched away
But why have they chosen a poppy, mummy? Why not a beautiful rose?
Because my child, men fought and died in the fields where the poppies grow
But why are the poppies so red, mummy? Why are the poppies so red?
Red is the colour of blood my child, the blood our soldiers shed.
The heart of the poppy is black, mummy, why does it have to be black?
Black my child, is the symbol of grief for the men who never came back
But why mummy are you crying so? Your tears are giving you pain.
My tears are my fears for you my child for the world is forgetting Again

R.I.P. To All Our Fallen Heroes, & God Bless All Our Heroes Serving Today
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

That is very moving. I read it to my daughter and it really choked me up. My grandson's Dad is a soldier and will be serving in Afghanistan in January.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:08 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

Thank you for sharing that, I've not heard it before, very poignant.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes indeed.

Lest We Forget.

I'll be wearing my poppy today. It's one with the leaf. Not an anzac poppy . I have one of those for that day of remembrance.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:38 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Thank you for sharing that, I've not heard it before, very poignant.
+1
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting this thread Lardyl & a very poignant verse MrsFychan. It's not a date I will ever forget.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
That is very moving. I read it to my daughter and it really choked me up. My grandson's Dad is a soldier and will be serving in Afghanistan in January.
My cousin's husband is in Afghanistan, he won't be home for Christmas and his children spend another Christmas without him.

Bless them all who have fallen, and bless the ones who are out there now
Old Nov 11th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Yes, long may we remember them.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If only we could
Attached Thumbnails 11th of the 11th - serious thread-coexist.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:12 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

And still we grow poppies in far away lands.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:34 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
......It's one with the leaf. Not an anzac poppy .....
.....sorry Bevs, but does it really matter?
As an aside, I'm also of the opinion that the 11 am thing is wrong. Midnight here is the hour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.