Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

100% Pure, you've gotta be joking

100% Pure, you've gotta be joking

Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default 100% Pure, you've gotta be joking

Once again the clean, green image is shown to be no more than a ridiculous myth.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...oto-commitment
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:40 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 100% Pure, you've gotta be joking

Yeah it not a good look, in fact it pisses me off. Once again politics and big business gets in the way of securing the future for our kids and grandkids.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 7:25 am
Banned

tweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Yeah it not a good look, in fact it pisses me off. Once again politics and big business gets in the way of securing the future for our kids and grandkids.
it is called 100% bull****
Old Nov 10th 2012, 5:40 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tweetweet
Oh please give it a rest
Old Nov 10th 2012, 5:59 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

What would your children gain from penalising NZfor failing to make pointless targets?
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:00 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweetweet
Talking about yourself there?
Old Nov 10th 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oh please give it a rest
+1
Old Nov 10th 2012, 8:31 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t swim in my local swimming hole anymore because the Ministry of the Environment says the water quality is too poor thanks to intensive agricultural run-off.

Our lack of traction on environmental issues in this country isn't a next generation issue any more, it’s impacting our quality of life now. This is a pretty sparsely populated country and I have to think if we can’t get a handle on our environmental problems now, as a country, on a national level, we have little chance of preserving our lifestyle here.

I'm not urging everyone to go back to living in caves but i would ask you to consider environmental management a higher political priority than it is currently. Fair?
Old Nov 10th 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I can’t swim in my local swimming hole anymore because the Ministry of the Environment says the water quality is too poor thanks to intensive agricultural run-off.

Our lack of traction on environmental issues in this country isn't a next generation issue any more, it’s impacting our quality of life now. This is a pretty sparsely populated country and I have to think if we can’t get a handle on our environmental problems now, as a country, on a national level, we have little chance of preserving our lifestyle here.

I'm not urging everyone to go back to living in caves but i would ask you to consider environmental management a higher political priority than it is currently. Fair?
Could not agree more. Hopefully as the Green Parties share of the election vote increases, then main parties will start to focus more on sustainable polices.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:07 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

So with John Key wanting to sell farm land (and the pollution that comes with it) and rivers to all and sundry, and only the Maori determinedly fighting these sales in order to sustain quality of the natural resources.
Who is supporting these sell offs to foreign investors who have no vested interest in the quality of life here?
Don't believe the 51% that is to be sold to "Mums and Dads" will stay in their hands once a quick buck can be made.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

I am not terribly au fait with all the environmental stuff (so will have to wait until I am in NZ to comment) but I do appreciate and am excited by the fact that you see this as your problem. Immigrants (myself included as an immigrant) tend to rant adequately enough but being part of the solution is a much braver step. I love that you see it (unless I have interpreted wrongly) that you see this also as your problem. Not just those menacing kiwis.....

Karma!
Old Nov 11th 2012, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is NZ has only one industry worth speaking of...Dairy farming.
The farmers, while preaching one thing are doing the other, they dont give
a damn about anything much apart from their Fontera payout. There are
Rivers here that are more polluted than the Ganges.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
So with John Key wanting to sell farm land (and the pollution that comes with it) and rivers to all and sundry, and only the Maori determinedly fighting these sales in order to sustain quality of the natural resources.
Maori are fighting the sales ... but it isn't in order to sustain quality of the natural resources.

Its because of money!
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:48 am
HAPPY AS...

....and the reason for selling is?
Would you rather the earnings stayed in NZ or went to China?
Old Nov 11th 2012, 3:59 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Once again the clean, green image is shown to be no more than a ridiculous myth.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...oto-commitment
You DID read beyond the headline of that article? Between the headline and the Green rant was some not-bad things:

''We are on track to achieving our target - indeed we are forecasting a projected surplus of 23.1 million tonnes, '' he said.

''Furthermore, we will remain full members of the Kyoto Protocol. There is no question of withdrawing"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.