Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

10 things i like about pack 'n' save

10 things i like about pack 'n' save

Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:49 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 things i like about pack 'n' save

1. the wee stick man on the adverts make me laugh.

2. no one tries to pack my shopping in a half arsed way that means i end up with one bag per item. Which means I can use my own bags and not have to put up with the look of death you get in new world.

3. It's the same stuff you get in the posh shops, without having to mix with posh people.

4. I feel no need to chat to the check out people. They dont care how my day has been and that is fine with me.

5. they gave me a new jar of mustard after I dropped one making a bloody mess beside the lotto counter.

6. they give me 20 cents a litre off my fuel.

7. i dont need shoes to go.

8. my shopping always makes me appear healthy when compared to everyone elses, even though i am obviously not.

9. you can buy a 6 pack of family pies and no skinny 50 year old woman in a brown veluor track suit and ballet shoes looks down their nose at you.

10. running and jumping on the back of my trolley and cruising down the isles is a perfectly acceptable pastime.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 things i like about pack 'n' save

Old Dec 5th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I can totally relate to number 10, I'm a serial trolley rider and proud of it
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:14 am
Just Joined

KiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud of

OK I'll bite.
If you're overwhelmed by the thought of shopping in New World with all the 'posh' people then you need help.
Walking barefoot in any shop is discraceful and a disgusting habit and shows a lack of respect to shop employees, the other customers and youself, a very poor show indeed.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:20 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiwiDreamer
OK I'll bite.
If you're overwhelmed by the thought of shopping in New World with all the 'posh' people then you need help.
Walking barefoot in any shop is discraceful and a disgusting habit and shows a lack of respect to shop employees, the other customers and youself, a very poor show indeed.
I'll play devils advocate on this one, although I agree that going most places barefoot is somehow "wrong".....

why is shopping in bare feet any worse than shopping in shoes, trainers, slippers, ballet shoes or the obligatory "kiwi bloke's" boots.....?
if I was a muslim I'd be offended.

perhaps stores would be better served with alcohol gel stations at the entrance and obligatory nail inspections to shoppers......??

have some cultural sensitivity
next you'll be asking me to pass all my shopping over my head to you.
actually this could be an objection to Pak N Shove as the food being on huge racks can be passed "overhead" when being loaded......
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK I'll bite.
There's nothing to bite. It's simply a bit of fun.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:34 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

OK I'll bite.
You have no reason to bite, thread was not intended that way, and to be honest i have no issue with people, with, or without shoes, posh or otherwise.

If you are a posh person, and I have offended you I apologise, however, you really should learn to relax...
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
I can totally relate to number 10, I'm a serial trolley rider and proud of it
Me too
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:41 am
Just Joined

KiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lardyl
I'll play devils advocate on this one, although I agree that going most places barefoot is somehow "wrong".....

why is shopping in bare feet any worse than shopping in shoes, trainers, slippers, ballet shoes or the obligatory "kiwi bloke's" boots.....?
if I was a muslim I'd be offended.

perhaps stores would be better served with alcohol gel stations at the entrance and obligatory nail inspections to shoppers......??

have some cultural sensitivity
next you'll be asking me to pass all my shopping over my head to you.
actually this could be an objection to Pak N Shove as the food being on huge racks can be passed "overhead" when being loaded......
Having re-read the original post I think there was an element of irony and yes I do need to learn to relax!
However I stand by the idea of barefoot shopping and shopping in beach clothing, swimming trunks etc is wrong. Just as wearing this stuff to work or school is also wrong. It broadcasts the message that you are somehow excused norms of behaviour that others follow. If this is fine then what else? Maybe all rules should be thrown in the bin? The thin end.
I've had my release of vapour and will now go and do some deep breathing. Thankyou.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with all/most of your list, EXCEPT no shoes! We only have one foot on the end of each leg, they carry us thousands of miles throughout our lifetime, if we go about our business in bare feet in public places, then we deserve to have stuff go into our feet like maybe Glass or something sharp which has been dropped on the floor etc which would cause your blood to leak all over the place and some poor bugger has to clean up after you! Also your feet would be rank after walking around with nothing on them all day. I detest people with no shoes on their feet and a build up of hard skin all around the back of their heels. Disgusting, do they not know how to look after their feet and pamper them. I hate having hard skin but then I am female and I suppose we care more about that sort of thing that blokes. You will be telling me next that you get into bed like it ! Please say no to that one There I am a foot snob and proud of it! I like feet smooth and soft and on ladies I like to see the toenails painted bright colours in summer. Just goes to show how different we all are, if you want rank dirty manky feet that is your entitlement!

Apart from that, I agree with everything else and I hate it at New World when all I want to do is pay for my shopping and they want to know how I spent my day and what I have planned for the rest of the day, I feel like saying "None of your bloody business" somedays! But of course I am always polite and give the appropriate answers.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I like the bare feet thing, and i,m posh as

Neil
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
I like the bare feet thing, and i,m posh as

Neil
The poshest bloke I went to College with (it was that sort of university) walked around almost all of the time without shoes on.
His folks had the stately home, the title, old money. serious influence and that is what he did. Knew a couple others who were the same, stately home, newer money but still rather posh, not often seen in footwear.
Each to their own.

Anyway - serious question, where can a bloke get comfy slippers in NZ? I've resorted to a pair of deck shoes with comfy insoles for mooching around the house. Any ideas - short of some huge amount of sheepskin which I find rather unhygenic........
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Me too
Fancy a race down the bread isle when the new pack n save opens at silverdale ??

Start line can be at the crumpet section and finish line down by the cheese topped multi grains
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

OK I'll bite.
If you are British you are severely lacking in an understanding of Brit humour. Your comment is weird to say the least.

Shame on Lardyl and Shirl for taking it so seriously as well.

Last edited by luvwelly; Dec 5th 2011 at 3:52 am.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Justcol
Fancy a race down the bread isle when the new pack n save opens at silverdale ??

Start line can be at the crumpet section and finish line down by the cheese topped multi grains
hahahaha

but I don't live up there any more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.