Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

10 things to do before you go to NZ

10 things to do before you go to NZ

Old May 27th 2005, 11:38 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 things to do before you go to NZ

What would they be? Here are mine (in no particular order)

1)Make peace with my 14 year old daughter
2) Say a memorable farewell to all the people that mean something to me (Ali and Simon our closest friends basically, and of course everyone on British Expats)
3) Visit London tourist attractions that I haven't been to because I've lived in London for 30 years and taken them for granted, including:
Tower of London, Victoria & Albert Museum, London Dungeon, Charles Dickens Museum
4) Take a picture of my kids outside Buckingham Palace
5)Take the kids for a ride in a black cab
6) Go to Harrods and buy something (preferably under £50) to get a carrier bag as a souvenir
7) Go to the Edinburgh Festival
8) Visit Ireland
9) Buy an AK-47 and take out the following people in my library who really pi** me off: Mr Rawlinson, that woman who kisses her teeth all the time, the nonce guy that I always have to throw out of the children's library, THOSE KIDS!, that psychopathic librarian I used to work with, that Qureshi woman, the GCSE/A-level nightmare revision kids
10) Have my picture taken at various UK rock music landmarks including the house with the blue plaque where Jimi Hendrix and Handel lived, the Abbey Road zebra crossing (The Beatles), Salford Lads' Club (The Smiths)
Old May 27th 2005, 11:50 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 things to do before you go to NZ

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
What would they be? Here are mine (in no particular order)

1)Make peace with my 14 year old daughter
2) Say a memorable farewell to all the people that mean something to me (Ali and Simon our closest friends basically, and of course everyone on British Expats)
3) Visit London tourist attractions that I haven't been to because I've lived in London for 30 years and taken them for granted, including:
Tower of London, Victoria & Albert Museum, London Dungeon, Charles Dickens Museum
4) Take a picture of my kids outside Buckingham Palace
5)Take the kids for a ride in a black cab
6) Go to Harrods and buy something (preferably under £50) to get a carrier bag as a souvenir
7) Go to the Edinburgh Festival
8) Visit Ireland
9) Buy an AK-47 and take out the following people in my library who really pi** me off: Mr Rawlinson, that woman who kisses her teeth all the time, the nonce guy that I always have to throw out of the children's library, THOSE KIDS!, that psychopathic librarian I used to work with, that Qureshi woman, the GCSE/A-level nightmare revision kids
10) Have my picture taken at various UK rock music landmarks including the house with the blue plaque where Jimi Hendrix and Handel lived, the Abbey Road zebra crossing (The Beatles), Salford Lads' Club (The Smiths)
LMAO...this is a great idea for a thread...unfortunately I'm too drunk celebrating the arrival of our ITA envelope to respond...

(who knew that the opening of an envelope would cause sooooooo much excitement...
although I do believe that Jumbabone (RIP) did say that I would attend the opening of an envelope - bless him, he was right!!!)

Will revisit this thread tomorrow and do believe that an AK-47 and my boss may be involved somewhere in my response!!!
Old May 28th 2005, 1:08 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
LMAO...this is a great idea for a thread...unfortunately I'm too drunk celebrating the arrival of our ITA envelope to respond...

(who knew that the opening of an envelope would cause sooooooo much excitement...
although I do believe that Jumbabone (RIP) did say that I would attend the opening of an envelope - bless him, he was right!!!)

Will revisit this thread tomorrow and do believe that an AK-47 and my boss may be involved somewhere in my response!!!
2 minutes silence for the mother of all hangovers
Old May 29th 2005, 12:15 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys, some of you must have made lists. You don't have to reveal too much and it doesn't have to be funny. In fact most of mine were serious (in fact all of them except the AK-47 one, of course I wouldn't make it to NZ if I carried out that one)

Next?

Phyl
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:59 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Come on guys, some of you must have made lists. You don't have to reveal too much and it doesn't have to be funny. In fact most of mine were serious (in fact all of them except the AK-47 one, of course I wouldn't make it to NZ if I carried out that one)

Next?

Phyl
Before we go I hope to (in no priority apart from number 1, which if I don't do I'll burst):
  1. Lose some weight and bin, once and for all, the fat lady clothes
  2. Take pictures of all my favourite Manchester places
  3. Give to charity or throw away anything I've not used or even looked at for the past two years
  4. Complete my 'exit strategy' from work with choice words and frank criticism of their hopeless management and cowardly practices and then send a copy to the highest person in the organisation
  5. Cram in as much time as possible with my best mate
  6. Visit London with the kids (no bombers are stopping this family!)
  7. Tell my Mum how much I love her
  8. Tell my stepdad how much I've appreciated him, even if I've never shown it
  9. Tell my next door neighbour that I've had to listen to her having sex for six years now because she's got stripped floorboards and wooden blinds so nothing to absorb the sound and that I can't believe he doesn't know she's faking it
  10. Remember that it's only the other side of the world, and a completely different life, and I'll have left my job, and my mates, and broken my Mum's heart, and I've just uprooted my kids and husband, and given away my cats, and spent £10,000 to get there, bloody hell what am I doing ..... forget point 1, where's the alcohol ............. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:45 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Before we go I hope to (in no priority apart from number 1, which if I don't do I'll burst):
  3. Give to charity or throw away anything I've not used or even looked at for the past two years
  4. Complete my 'exit strategy' from work with choice words and frank criticism of their hopeless management and cowardly practices and then send a copy to the highest person in the organisation
  9. Tell my next door neighbour that I've had to listen to her having sex for six years now because she's got stripped floorboards and wooden blinds so nothing to absorb the sound and that I can't believe he doesn't know she's faking it
  10. Remember that it's only the other side of the world, and a completely different life, and I'll have left my job, and my mates, and broken my Mum's heart, and I've just uprooted my kids and husband, and given away my cats, and spent £10,000 to get there, bloody hell what am I doing ..... forget point 1, where's the alcohol ............. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Awwwwwww this post was so funny and so sad too .. loved it.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:59 pm
Life begins...

This is so touching Jan. And No 9 is hysterical! Nice to see this thread revived.

Phyl
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:06 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

This is so touching Jan. And No 9 is hysterical! Nice to see this thread revived.

Phyl
You ought to try living next door to it, 2 o'clock in the morning, you're well away, and Meg Ryan next door starts telling him he's a big boy and the best she's ever had. The woman deserves an Oscar - it's usually over in 5 minutes.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:11 pm
Life begins...

You ought to try living next door to it, 2 o'clock in the morning, you're well away, and Meg Ryan next door starts telling him he's a big boy and the best she's ever had. The woman deserves an Oscar - it's usually over in 5 minutes.
Way too much information! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:16 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

He's probably shite in bed and she's kidding herself (or trying to show off) silly bleeder.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:17 pm

Way too much information! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Tell me about it! I can't decide whether or not to warn the people buying our house!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:31 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it! I can't decide whether or not to warn the people buying our house!
Best not.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:15 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Good selling point for Pervs
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:15 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

5 Minutes....crikey what a stayer
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:22 am
Nice Tats

1) Catch the cat

2) Tell my Dad what an Ars*hole he really is!

3) Visit Fratton Park one last time

4) Get signed Pompey Shirt

5) Get Pompey Crest Tattoo.......on my butt

6) Kiss the Grandaughter (not goodbye , just see ya later)

7) Enjoy the view from Portsdown Hill 1 last time

8) P*SS up with Bezzy Mates

9) See another wonderful production at the Globe Theatre

10) Jump off the hot walls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.