Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

1 Year in NZ and loving it. Click here for assistance

1 Year in NZ and loving it. Click here for assistance

Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:01 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year in NZ and loving it. Click here for assistance

Originally Posted by lardyl
strewth - so where's Monica??

back in Japan
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
back in Japan
oh well, pass the sake vicar........
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dazal

I know exactly what you mean about the comments made about the Birkdale, Beachaven area and Birkenhead. We love it here and think its great. The commute is so easy and cheap. Its so easy to get anywhere and for us living in Birkenhead its very kiwi in places!! To get into the city during the week takes approx 20 mins by bus and during the weekend 10 mins.

I think one of the biggest raps it gets is being on the shore. Also the name birkenhead is given to many places which are not actually birkenhead e.g. parts of Island Bay.

Birkenhead could do with a bit of a make over, and could one day have the Ponsonby look and feel, however I think that will be left to Hinemoa St where my wife goes every Friday for drinks with her girlfriends. Something she never did in the UK.

We have studied the house prices very closely and seen the prices moving out to the Verrans road area and island bay which we believe will be the next boom areas. We live off Roseberry Av.

For me, one of the best things about living on the shore is the drive over the bridge and the feeling of leaving work behind. Also having so many beaches.
We only use the car at weekends as the kids walk to school using a walking bus and I get the bus. My wife works at the school so can walk to.

So to answer your question, we love living in Birkenhead and being around Kiwi families. When looking at maps and websites from the UK and places we knew nothing about, we thought we would live in Takapuna, Browns Bay or Milford and if we had the cash and could get the right house we probably would live in Takapuna or Milford, but Birkenhead has everything we need and more.

I hope this helps

Paul
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

By the way, I am not a real Pastor.

The name comes from a joke I was once told and the name just stuck. I will dig out the joke one day and post it.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pastor Flaps
By the way, I am not a real Pastor.

The name comes from a joke I was once told and the name just stuck. I will dig out the joke one day and post it.

Oh go on - you can't leave it like that. We need to hear a good joke.

Alison
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:17 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Great news all is good for you guys. We're trying to catch up, but seem to always be 3 months behind
Old Oct 13th 2007, 11:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
Oh go on - you can't leave it like that. We need to hear a good joke.

Alison
Wasn't there someone in Viz with the same name, like Student Grant, Johnny F@r£pants, etc etc......????