Is £97 too much?

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default Is £97 too much?

Just wondering whether to shell out £97 to be assessed by New Life New Zealand. Anyone on here got any views on that? I think we get 115 points without a job offer and I'm not in a skills shortage area so bit worried actually that we could be in the pool forever if we submit an EOI. Not that we can just yet as dear OH has let his passport run out :curse: All opinions welcome!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

TheNaylors is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is £97 too much?

Hi there,

we have had an assessment done recently and we paid just £2 less, so it is in the right ball park. I think it is a small price to pay to have the reassurance of a professional say they think you can get in even if you don't go down the agent route and decide to do it all yourself (with the help of many others on here too). It also gives you the chance to pick their brains a little and it helps clarify a few unanswered and possibly confusing questions that you may have. We are actually going with an agent other than the those who did the initial assessment as they offered a much better service, so it does pay to shop around.

BTW...We have the same issue re: passports only it is mine that has run out (oops!) and the kids need some of their own...more expense

Best of luck,
Julie & Eyan
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Thanks for that, yes not only has OH not got a current passport my toddler has never had one so that's more to do!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Why not try filling out an EOI online and see how many points you get from this. It is free and you can save it as you go along. It is easy to do and may save you some much needed cash, and it does get much more expensive as you get further down the route, £685 to submit your ITA

An agent can't get you selected any quicker and you still have to provide them with all the info.

At the moment it seems that EOIs without quals on the LTSSL are being picked out so you would be in with a chance Though the last one was those with 135 points

Good luck with whatever you do!!

Sue

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 19th 2008 at 1:00 am.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Sue. Try the online as the info you'll have to furnish the agency will be the same. You can take your time and save it also even part finished.
Save the money and use it for something else.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

We did ! (hangs head in shame) and they produced a long, detailed and informative letter/email thingy. Paul Goddard also rang us to see how things were going, good business man. But...we hadn't found this site then, or filled in the EOI on line either. Both those things would have given us the same info. So I guess it depends if you've got a spare £97 and if you'd rather have a letter laying out your options rather than a points calculator and the darling people on here
Either way good luck NermaltheCute
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:28 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
Just wondering whether to shell out £97 to be assessed by New Life New Zealand. Anyone on here got any views on that? I think we get 115 points without a job offer and I'm not in a skills shortage area so bit worried actually that we could be in the pool forever if we submit an EOI. Not that we can just yet as dear OH has let his passport run out :curse: All opinions welcome!
Hi there
Just to let you know we had the assessment by 'New life in New Zealand' and it was money down the drain.
They miss quoted us on the number of points we have. And later after we were further down the line with a much larger company we found out LOADS of stuff they had failed to tell us which could have changed our minded if were were not determined to go to NZ.
Everybody's case is different and you should do what you think is right. I agree with the other guys - do the free on-line assessment and save your money for later down the line.
If you want to go through an agency, that's your choice - we have and they are worth the money to us as were trying to go from another country as OH is in Military overseas. Just research, get others advice and client feedback before you commit.
Hope this helps!!
Jackie
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

Don't bother. all the info you need is here on the internet. Save your £ for when you will need them.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Random question Nermal, is your OH from Grimsby originally??