Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

*HELP!* Need antibiotics but still on waiting list for a doc

*HELP!* Need antibiotics but still on waiting list for a doc

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:20 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *HELP!* Need antibiotics but still on waiting list for a doc

Collodial Silver... no improvement yet and it was easy to take. No bad taste, but the aftertaste is quite, uh, metallic!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Collodial Silver... no improvement yet and it was easy to take. No bad taste, but the aftertaste is quite, uh, metallic!
Oh, and I found it in the health store at the top of the travelator in North City Shopping Centre in Porirua.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:42 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Garlic and honey will cure you

Crush some fresh garlic into Honey (Manuka is fab for this) and stir, its a natural healer / antiboitic. This is also good for kids sniffles, OK it makes you honk a bit -as in smell, not as in like a goose- but its a good natural health cure.

You could have gone to Kenepru Hospital for emergency (out of hours) treatment, I think its still open 24 hours and obviously you do not need to have a GP to do this. Sucks to be still waiting for a GP huh...

Last edited by ex_exile; Feb 23rd 2008 at 6:36 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:43 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Gargling with salt water does ease it a bit too
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:28 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask the chemist for a gargling strength solution of hydrogen peroxide, or try salt water.

Or get him to eat some blue cheese a couple of times a day - lots of penicillin in it and a lot more fun than popping pills (that is if he's not allergic to penicillin)
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:01 am
Maz

Thanks you three. Jury is still out on whether I can gargle or not. Sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes it makes me gag.

Nerine, both of us have it.

I'm having some hot ribena and honey right now. Pity party, table for one.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:03 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

how come you still on waiting list? I just walked straight in at Canons Creek - got all 4 of us registered no worries.
Only a few minutes drive from your house.
Hope you all feeling better soon
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:54 am

Are you sure it's a strep throat and not a viral infection? Strep throats can turn nasty, go to one of those walk-in medical/casualty centres, costs a bit more to see a doc but at least you'll get some treatment?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:07 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Nerine
Are you sure it's a strep throat and not a viral infection? Strep throats can turn nasty, go to one of those walk-in medical/casualty centres, costs a bit more to see a doc but at least you'll get some treatment?
Hi Nerine, see post 7. Yep viral not bacterial, just have to ride it out. Thank heaven daughter hasn't shown any signs of getting it as Phil and I both have yucky old 'flu symptoms now as well. We're just lying low. Just irritates me not being able to go out and do fun stuff, and go to work tomorrow (I like my job immensely), KWIM?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Maz,
register with the GPs I work at - our books never close!!!!Just don't be put off by the area or building - dreamfish has just registered with us. Let me know if you want to and I'll pop some enrolment forms into you next week.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

[QUOTE=ex_exile;5972231]

You could have gone to Kenepru Hospital for emergency (out of hours) treatment, I think its still open 24 hours ...QUOTE]

Just as an update, Keneperu A&M are now closed between 11pm and 8am due to shortage of doctors for cover overnight. But weekend days you should be able to be seen there, especially if you can't register with a local GP as they've shut their books.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Hi Nerine, see post 7. Yep viral not bacterial, just have to ride it out. Thank heaven daughter hasn't shown any signs of getting it as Phil and I both have yucky old 'flu symptoms now as well. We're just lying low. Just irritates me not being able to go out and do fun stuff, and go to work tomorrow (I like my job immensely), KWIM?
Just gotta rise it out then lass, I hear chicken soup is good......
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:07 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks LW! Out of hours GP service? Sorry, I have no idea what their number is or anything. Would you happen to have their number? Thanks LW.
just look in the front section of the White Pages, the green bit is all the medical people and related peeps........lots to choose from but some out of hours will be there - be prepared to pay mind!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
No worries. Not all pharmacies may have it (although I do get it at my local) but all health stores will.
Betadine sore throat gargle is good - bit like their stuff for antisepsis of the skin (except the former is bromine based and the latter iodine based) - I can recommend both, just keep in the fridge and gargle away - works for me and I am particularly susceptible to the throat infections
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:20 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by mickey_d
No, NHS direct started in 1997, Healthline in 2003
why does that not suprise me...........at least that is one good "foreign" idea that the Kiwis can bring themselves to take up
Not sure how "natural" collodial silver is - bet its colloidal silver (ie silver metal suspended or dissolved in a special chemical that allows it to get into the body) - we used to put copper wire in the waer inlets in the lab I used to work in to kill the algae off and keep the condensers clean, suppose taking silver is a bit like that........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.