Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

$$ prices for a nz to uk return flight ?

$$ prices for a nz to uk return flight ?

Old May 23rd 2022, 6:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default $$ prices for a nz to uk return flight ?

What prices are people finding for an NZ to UK return flight please?
Maybe around Sept . I am not keen on the several hops as I get too knackered these years
Perhaps one stopover on the way there and back. I dunno.

I think I am looking at NZD $3K for a half tidy flight .

Monsters ! I'm a pensioner now with a Gold Card The prices need to be kind .

Mind you I have never graduated to anything other than in with the chickens anyway & now never will.
Old May 23rd 2022, 7:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $$ prices for a nz to uk return flight ?

Originally Posted by BEVS
What prices are people finding for an NZ to UK return flight please?
Maybe around Sept . I am not keen on the several hops as I get too knackered these years
Perhaps one stopover on the way there and back. I dunno.

I think I am looking at NZD $3K for a half tidy flight .

Monsters ! I'm a pensioner now with a Gold Card The prices need to be kind .

Mind you I have never graduated to anything other than in with the chickens anyway & now never will.
Where in the UK are you flying to BEVS? Leaving from Christchurch? And how long do you want to be away, ie 4 weeks, 6 weeks? Let me know, pm if you'd rather, and I'll have a look. My family use me as their travel agent because I can generally ferret out decent fares.
Old May 23rd 2022, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Tate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bevs

We just booked today with AirNZ, Blenheim NZ to LHR, return, $6k for two, early September.
Straight thru flights, via USA both ways.
Reasonable price I thought.

Good luck, Tate
Old May 23rd 2022, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh I love a good flight search, or bargain holiday hunt! I always use Skyscanner, as you can search by a whole country and whole months too.So putting in just NZ to UK, for the whole of Sept with one stop only, the cheapest option looks to be Auckland to Heathrow 7th Sept and returning on 25th Sept. £1247, which Google tells me is $2424.

If you can bump it back a bit to October the prices come down further, Virgin Atlantic Auckland to LHR 8th October and returning on 29th October is £966 - $1873.

No idea if Auckland is any good to you, but worth having a play around and seeing what you can find if you're flexible on dates and/or airports.

Happy travels.
Old May 24th 2022, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Tate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bevs,

I should have added that the $6k (for two) was for the shortest total travel times (i.e. shortest layover times), leaving at great times (8.15pm departure from AKL, 4.30pm departure from LHR), includes the cost of preferred seat selection, cost of flying from Blenheim to Auckland return plus $90 credit card fee!!

Cheers, Tate

Old May 24th 2022, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you want but currently 1850 cheapest, 2k for under 30 hour travel times.