Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

pompeygray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

And what i mean about the language i understand a lot more than i can speak as i had 2 strokes, which stopped me speaking anything or understanding anything and reading and writing i have had to learn again and the internet and spell checker has been a been very valuable in learning after after a 3weeks of blankness,and i think i was very lucky because i had no other effects from the 2 strokes in 2days whilst many are left with half their body numb etc and permanently to,
I do all the shopping and know what just about all the food items are and can spell some of them to lol, and the food is very good quality here i shop at A/H, and i believe it's because the water here is far better than in the UK and USA to,
l have a shop that sells and can provide anything i want and they even deliver if they don't stock it the Lady orders it an within a few days it's here, it's in near by Hilversum if you would like the name or web site let me know k,
The only thing i can't and miss very much is my Friday night hot curry i can get curry powder no problem from UK and i do the cooking mostly but i just can't get it like the Chinese and Indians do in England and here they are nowhere near as nice in curry houses i ordered eggfried rice in an Indian restaurant once i got boiled rice with a fried egg on it lol and curry powder here is very expensive to for a tiny pot an kerri is false lol..
I enjoy riding my Harley Davidson here but not found any other Biker's really to ride with yet....
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:03 am
Just Joined

EddieEren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karij1980
Yup, me I'm in Stadshagen, Zwolle but originally from Scotland. Lived here with my boyfriend (soon to be husband) for 3 years and I work in Apeldoorn
Hi,

Me and my wife is currently in the process from moving to Deventer, from Glasgow. my wife is Dutch and she did not really get used to living in the UK. will be great to get tips on how you migrated to netherlands and so on.

Kidn Regards

Erdem Eren
Old Aug 25th 2017, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeygray
and i believe it's because the water here is far better than in the UK and USA to,
Are you serious? The water here has one setting: hard. It kills all my plants with its white residue. I guess it depends where you have lived in the past but if you lived most of your life with soft water, you will find water here atrocious. I can't even get a good lather on my hair in the shower.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:02 am
Just Joined

pompeygray is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i am very serious about it our kettle here is 11yrs old and still like new inside in the UK n USA n Wales n Jamaica were i have also lived and worked at best in South England 6 months the kettle would be furred up with white scale and i never drink any water from the tap in any of those Countries the taste is awful and if it scales up your kettle and pots n pans to imagine how it effects your kidneys etc were many have had stones that i know of including myself and the water here is sweet and very nice to drink from the tap here in Almere and Hulst and Amsterdam were i met and married my Dutch Wife, All i can say is then that their must be something wrong with your pipes or your particular water Company that supplies you were ever that maybe as their many suppliers in NL i believe and the food is better than those Countries to IE vegetables Cereals and Meat to because they all drink or get watered and if the water is good then you get nicer and better IMO anyway....
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeygray
Yes i am very serious about it our kettle here is 11yrs old and still like new inside in the UK n USA n Wales n Jamaica were i have also lived and worked at best in South England 6 months the kettle would be furred up with white scale and i never drink any water from the tap in any of those Countries the taste is awful and if it scales up your kettle and pots n pans to imagine how it effects your kidneys etc were many have had stones that i know of including myself and the water here is sweet and very nice to drink from the tap here in Almere and Hulst and Amsterdam were i met and married my Dutch Wife, All i can say is then that their must be something wrong with your pipes or your particular water Company that supplies you were ever that maybe as their many suppliers in NL i believe and the food is better than those Countries to IE vegetables Cereals and Meat to because they all drink or get watered and if the water is good then you get nicer and better IMO anyway....

strange, I have to descale the kettle here every 3-6 months. in all three houses I've lived in and in the office!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Cynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond repute

Re water hardness - this may help.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

KirstinB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm a 35 year old Scot looking to buy in Stadshagen! Anyone interested in meeting for a coffee some time?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KirstinB
Hi everyone, I'm a 35 year old Scot looking to buy in Stadshagen! Anyone interested in meeting for a coffee some time?

Ooooh! I'm 37, from Aberdeen, living in Stadshagen
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

KirstinB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karij1980
Ooooh! I'm 37, from Aberdeen, living in Stadshagen
Ooh yesss!! I went to school in Aberdeen! I'd love to meet for a coffee if you have time?
Old Sep 16th 2017, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KirstinB
Ooh yesss!! I went to school in Aberdeen! I'd love to meet for a coffee if you have time?
Sure!! Shockingly my diary is pretty clear for the next couple of weeks - and strangely I have a bottle of Irn Bru chilling in my fridge as we speak! Will PM you!