British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg (https://britishexpats.com/forum/belgium-netherlands-luxembourg-105/)
-   -   Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/belgium-netherlands-luxembourg-105/there-any-english-living-zwolle-close-%F0%9F%98%80-882047/)

Natashat Aug 19th 2016 7:30 pm

Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Hi
I have been living and working in zwolle now for a couple of years with my dutch boyfriend and haven't come across many english speakers of course the odd few but mostly people on holiday, would like to know if there is any out there its always good to hear a familiar language and chat about home and maybe make some new friends which I have struggled with outside of the workplace.

Inatiswas Aug 21st 2016 5:17 pm

Re: Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Hi

There are a few English here and a few other nationalities but it's not so easy coming across them.

If you can put a couple more posts on here, I can then send you a private message.

Cheers

karij1980 Aug 24th 2016 4:58 pm

Yup, me :) I'm in Stadshagen, Zwolle but originally from Scotland. Lived here with my boyfriend (soon to be husband) for 3 years and I work in Apeldoorn :)

Tanya.s Sep 17th 2016 2:18 pm

Hello
I am Australian living in Kampen with my Dutch husband and would love to meet some people for a drink or lunch if there are any expats out there....sorry I don't speak Dutch.
I look forward to hearing from people!

Regards

Tanya

Liefebeessie Nov 18th 2016 12:32 pm

I'm Dutch... But I am also looking for any English-speaking people that would like to meet up. I lived in the UK for a number of years, and really miss speaking English with grown-ups on a daily basis. I speak English with my two young children (aged 4 and 1), but it's not quite the same :)

I am also actively looking for a childminder and/or other English-speaking kids for them to play with, to increase the amount of English they hear and speak on a daily basis. My eldest understands me just fine, but so far refuses to speak English (apart from a few odd words here and there).

So - if there's anyone out there, with or without kids, who would like to meet up, let me know!

Inatiswas Dec 1st 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Liefebeessie (Post 12108376)
I'm Dutch... But I am also looking for any English-speaking people that would like to meet up. I lived in the UK for a number of years, and really miss speaking English with grown-ups on a daily basis. I speak English with my two young children (aged 4 and 1), but it's not quite the same :)

I am also actively looking for a childminder and/or other English-speaking kids for them to play with, to increase the amount of English they hear and speak on a daily basis. My eldest understands me just fine, but so far refuses to speak English (apart from a few odd words here and there).

So - if there's anyone out there, with or without kids, who would like to meet up, let me know!

Hi

I can meet up for a coffee. Let me know when you're free.

Cheers

Pippa

AmiiA Aug 3rd 2017 8:02 pm

Hi all

I just moved to Zwolle from the UK (started a job in Nijverdal this week = reason for the move).

I know there hasn't been activity on this thread for a while but would love to meet up if anyone fancies it as I literally don't know anyone here except my colleagues!

Amii

scot47 Aug 3rd 2017 8:14 pm

You want to meet "English people" or "People who speak English" ?

Not the same !!!

Inatiswas Aug 3rd 2017 11:40 pm

Hi

I believe you need to have 3 posts before I can send you a PM so post another 2 messages with a smiley face to my reply.

I'm English in Zwolle and have a couple of great expat friends here from different countries.

Cheers
Pip

karij1980 Aug 4th 2017 8:25 am

Seems there are quite a few of us! I thought I was the only one, lol! 😉

AmiiA Aug 4th 2017 10:57 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12308823)
You want to meet "English people" or "People who speak English" ?

Not the same !!!

Yeah, aware they're not the same but I didn't specify either option in my post...

AmiiA Aug 4th 2017 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Inatiswas (Post 12308999)
Hi

I believe you need to have 3 posts before I can send you a PM so post another 2 messages with a smiley face to my reply.

I'm English in Zwolle and have a couple of great expat friends here from different countries.

Cheers
Pip

Hi Pip

I'll post some replies in the group and then you should hopefully be able to PM me.

Just as a quick bio - I'm 31, female (people can't always tell from my name!), was living in Birmingham for the last 7 years (not a born and bred Brummy though), & I work in marketing for a large manufacturer.

AmiiA Aug 4th 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by karij1980 (Post 12309201)
Seems there are quite a few of us! I thought I was the only one, lol! 😉

Ahh, I'm glad I messaged then - I wasn't sure about doing so as this thread hadn't been active for some months.

pompeygray Aug 14th 2017 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Natashat (Post 12030378)
Hi
I have been living and working in zwolle now for a couple of years with my dutch boyfriend and haven't come across many english speakers of course the odd few but mostly people on holiday, would like to know if there is any out there its always good to hear a familiar language and chat about home and maybe make some new friends which I have struggled with outside of the workplace.

Live Almere Buiten half English born their from English Mother Father Native American can't grasp the Dutch language though for me most speak English lol

scot47 Aug 15th 2017 7:45 am

can't grasp the Dutch language though for me most speak English lol

a deficiency often found in those from the Offshore Islands !