Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

School kids fares on public transit - Arnhem

School kids fares on public transit - Arnhem

Old Aug 9th 2018, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold
Default School kids fares on public transit - Arnhem

Hi all....Just wondering if school kids - ages 12 and 15 in our case, qualify for any kind of fare discount on buses and 'sprinter'trains? Have been searching for the information but can't seem to find it anywhere. Also is there one ticket/pass that can be used on both local trains and buses? My kids can cycle most of the time but their journey involves a small ferry over the Rhine (we are in Arnhem). Obviously there will be days when we need an alternative option. I can drive them but am wondering if anyone might be able to help on prices as all I can see online is kids up to 11. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School kids fares on public transit - Arnhem

You can buy a monthly abonnement, and it's automatically adjusted when it reads or you enter (machine/online) your child's OV card, so you pay roughly half the price.

If you go to 9292.nl, enter the two stops your child needs to travel between. At the bottom of the screen, it will tell you the cost of the journey and will give you advice on a suitable abonnement. What is available depends on the province where you live, but as a general rule, I would suggest the bus is going to be much cheaper than the train.