Options?

Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

TribalHusqvarna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Options?

Ok ill take a look through that my main concern is i want everything to be legal and above board of course I wouldn't give any money until I've seen it and had face to face contact and of course a contract has been drawn up

Last edited by TribalHusqvarna; Jan 29th 2016 at 3:40 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:57 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Do not forget that the contract, to be legally binding, must reference Dutch law and will be written in Dutch.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Another thing is if I want to bring my car they will pay for the ferry which is good although I have a old land rover which is great for carrying things towing a trailer or off roading but I dint think is very good for flat holland !
Old Jan 29th 2016, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Do not forget that the contract, to be legally binding, must reference Dutch law and will be written in Dutch.
I see I suppose I can use a translater to understand it as I dint think I'll be fluent dutch by then
Old Jan 29th 2016, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing about house let contracts; make sure it doesn't make a statement along the lines of it being a "temporary residence" on it; if you have that on it, you won't be able to register at the Town Hall, which will give you a problem in trying to get a BSN number etc, etc.

This government link is useful. This link has some warnings about the typical scams (including Craigslist).
Old Jan 29th 2016, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

I would a ready have a BSN number when I register when I get there in hoofdorp
No I wouldn't take a temporary residence when I move somewhere in want to stay there I dint want to move every 6 months
Don't think I want to risk using craiglist cause it could go wrong for me and seems t cheap to be real
Old Jan 29th 2016, 7:29 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Having a BSN number means that NL is your permanent address. Once you have got that you only have a certain amount of time to import/register your vehicle. Being a relatively dirty vehicle (emission wise) it will cost you. If it is old enough to be classed as an old timer then I am sure that some cities may have or about to make some zones oldtimer free. But again check before you try and register the Rover. There are oldtimer clubs and a lot of Rover enthusiasts in NL. find them on face book too. I am a member of some Dutch based FB groups even though, at the moment, I live over 2000km away.
News from a few years ago.
Some of this information is in the wiki on this section and if not there are points of contact for you to ask more questions.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

No I won't take it over I'd rather it stayed safe at home in a heated garage.

Have you got any opinions on craiglist?
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be very wary of making any contractual transaction with an unknown 3rd party based on an Internet advert. If something is cheaper than everything else around it, you need to ask yourself why.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cynic
I'd be very wary of making any contractual transaction with an unknown 3rd party based on an Internet advert. If something is cheaper than everything else around it, you need to ask yourself why.

My thoughts exactly on the adverts some of them say they don't use an agency to save costs but not sure I believe that
Old Jan 30th 2016, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Another question I have looked up about setting up a abn amro bank when I'm there and it says to go into a local branch can someone point me in the direction of a branch where I can set up an account please.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

No idea; perhaps Google will help you with that.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Ok cheers by the way I have searched for iy but cant find anything.
What is the quickest way to get to schipol from Hoofdorp by bus?
Where do I catch the bus?
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TribalHusqvarna
Ok cheers by the way I have searched for iy but cant find anything.
What is the quickest way to get to schipol from Hoofdorp by bus?
Where do I catch the bus?
It depends which part of Hoofddorp. The R-Net (express bus) 300 should take you through Hoofddorp in from west to east via the centre. Alternatively, there is the train (it's just one stop south of Schiphol).

9292 reist met je mee will give you all the options and journey costs when you put in your journey start and end points. Very handy website or phone app.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Craigslist is basically an American site (designed for US) and notorious for fraudulent dealings. I would not use it or recommend it to anyone.
There are plenty of Dutch sites you should be able to use to find a place if you want to.
You can get a Dutch pal to help out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.