NT2 Exam

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NT2 Exam

Afternoon all,

I'm thinking about taking the NT2 exams in preparation for naturalization (who knows what will happen with brexit!).

My dutch is already of a very high level, working for 5 years here and using it daily, therefore I think I could take the exams with no problem, and then the NT2 is cheaper than the inburgeringsexamen.

Does anyone have recommendations of an NT2 text book to do some reading?

thanks
Old Mar 25th 2017, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NT2 Exam

Try your library Stevie .. Seems no one in NL is answering you on this one?
Old Apr 7th 2017, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Fugee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StevieLW
Afternoon all,

I'm thinking about taking the NT2 exams in preparation for naturalization (who knows what will happen with brexit!).

My dutch is already of a very high level, working for 5 years here and using it daily, therefore I think I could take the exams with no problem, and then the NT2 is cheaper than the inburgeringsexamen.

Does anyone have recommendations of an NT2 text book to do some reading?

thanks
There should be somebody at your local town hall whose job it is to help you with any questions you may have.

Have you seen this website? www.staatsexamensnt2.nl/item/voorbereiden. You need a good level of Dutch to navigate through it, but it may have what you’re looking for.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point

Fugee,
thanks for the tip. I've checked all the websites. The gemeente is not interested in helping someone with NT2 exams, and since recently they are not so involved in inburgering anymore, its now responsibility of the person, not the government they say.

I'm able to google myself and look at websites, what I was hoping for was some personal insights into books people found useful.

thanks anyway
Old Apr 7th 2017, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Fugee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StevieLW
Fugee,
thanks for the tip. I've checked all the websites. The gemeente is not interested in helping someone with NT2 exams, and since recently they are not so involved in inburgering anymore, its now responsibility of the person, not the government they say.

I'm able to google myself and look at websites, what I was hoping for was some personal insights into books people found useful.

thanks anyway
I'm sorry I can't help you. I went to my local council a year or so ago and spoke to somebody. We only spoke in Dutch and she told me that she didn't think I'd have to worry about having to study to pass the exam. She said she had to deal with people whose Dutch was much worse than mine who pass, so I've nonchalantly assumed I'll be OK.

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude to what I'll do about my status, although I don't know how I'll react if my rights are used as a bargaining chip to keep rich bankers in their highly paid jobs. The Dutchess has looked into it, though. She said something about getting married.

If you find something useful, it may be worthwhile letting others know here if things don't turn out for the best in the coming months. I might even need some information if my nonchalance turns out to be undeserved.