Moving to Netherlands from India

Old Oct 11th 2013, 3:30 am
Just Joined

a301286 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Netherlands from India

Hi All,
I got an offer in Netherlands which require me to move from India to Netherlands the salary which the company is offering is €52K/year. I’ll be moving with my wife to Amsterdam and following are the questions which I've in mind:
1. How much would be the tax applicable on the salary and how much would be the monthly take home?
2. How much I can save per month considering I will stay in 1 Bedroom apartment?
3. Will I be able to maintain a car in this much salary?
4. If my wife comes on dependent VISA will she be able to get work permit? If yes then how much time it usually take to get that?
5. Is it legal to search a job on dependent VISA?

I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:05 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Netherlands from India

Most of the answers to your questions are in the WIKI.
Q1 (or ask your employer)
Q3 (but can you exchange your Driving Licence or will you have to sit a new test?)
Q4
Q5
Others are how long is a piece of string?
Q2
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I asked my employer and he said as I am on deputation I'll be at 30% bracket so just wanted to have a check on that.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:48 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of "deputation" in relation to Dutch tax rules. The 30% ruling I have.
The rules are quite clear but they are strict in application so ensure you and your employer have got it right.
Tax office information.
Some more information.
The last one is an example of how it all works. It is for a university but it is quite comprehensive.
Another advantage of this ruling is that you and your family members can exchange your non-EU driving license without having to do a Dutch driving test. However what it means when you return home I do not know.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks this was a great help.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

akshay1680 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a301286
Hi All,
I got an offer in Netherlands which require me to move from India to Netherlands the salary which the company is offering is €52K/year. I’ll be moving with my wife to Amsterdam and following are the questions which I've in mind:
1. How much would be the tax applicable on the salary and how much would be the monthly take home?
2. How much I can save per month considering I will stay in 1 Bedroom apartment?
3. Will I be able to maintain a car in this much salary?
4. If my wife comes on dependent VISA will she be able to get work permit? If yes then how much time it usually take to get that?
5. Is it legal to search a job on dependent VISA?

I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
Hey,

I wanted to move to Netherlands from India. Could you please let me know how did you manage to apply for a job in Netherlands?

Any website?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Akshay