Moving to Amsterdam, Q's

Old Jun 13th 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

FMNewman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Amsterdam, Q's

Hi Everyone!

I am soon to move to Amsterdam for a new job - exciting!
There are a few questions I hope you might be able to help me with...

Do I need to register my horse box and car in The Netherlands:

1 - I am bringing my horses over with me, and will be driving them in my horse box, it is a 7.5 t lorry. I plan to be in the Netherlands for over a year, so wondering if anyone knows how to register a lorry and vehicle tax etc...

2 - I will also bring my car, its a 2009 Ford Ka, so I can pop over to Germany to see friends occasionally, how do I go about registering this?

I will be competing the horses in the UK every 6 months or so, so will be driving back and forth quite a bit, does anyone forsee any problems wit this?

3 - Are there any meetings in Amsterdam so i can meet other expats?

Thank you so so much

Francesca
Old Jun 13th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Amsterdam, Q's

Welcome in advance!

RDW is the Dutch equivalent of the DVLA, and so I think the correct page for all your transport related questions is this: www.rdw.nl/englishinformation
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Amsterdam, Q's

Oops, ignored Question 3. There are hundreds of groups in Amsterdam and some of the surrounding districts, such as http://www.meetup.com/amsterdam-expat/. If you're on Facebook, Expat Republic organises lots of evening events, and allows other events to be advertised there such as fitness training groups and other sports/activities.