Moved to holland. HELP!!!

Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Fallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved to holland. HELP!!!

I just sent you a private message on facebook to make sure i found the right you
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

yvo1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Me again!

Things aren't much better but I wonder if anyone had any information on the benefit system here. I'm not sure if I'm entitled to it.

My boyfriend isn't having any luck on the job front either and we just seem to be hitting block after block.

x
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:44 am
Just Joined

RealAmericaninHolland is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're recently unemployed not of your own fault you can register for unemployment at UWV werk bedrijf. They pay 70% of your last income, something like 1 month for each year you paid taxes for unemployment.
Originally Posted by yvo1987
Hey guys

Me again!

Things aren't much better but I wonder if anyone had any information on the benefit system here. I'm not sure if I'm entitled to it.

My boyfriend isn't having any luck on the job front either and we just seem to be hitting block after block.

x
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:47 am
Just Joined

yvo1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, the only problem is I left my job in the UK to move here, so it would be my own fault.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

cat9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I hope all you guys are well! So, I moved.....! Not used to these 25 degree temps! It's all pretty nice except my bf is in the military so I'm totally alone through the week which is scary lol. I guess it forces me to try speaking more tho so maybe that's a good thing!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cat9889
Hey I hope all you guys are well! So, I moved.....! Not used to these 25 degree temps! It's all pretty nice except my bf is in the military so I'm totally alone through the week which is scary lol. I guess it forces me to try speaking more tho so maybe that's a good thing!
Ah, which part did you move to?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:08 am
Just Joined

cat9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

near enschede
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cat9889
near enschede
Ah, not far from me
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:08 pm
Banned

Nora77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Me again!

x
my friend found help at red cross...try them
Old Jan 12th 2014, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Rose51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
I`m in the same position as most of you. Lived in U.K & moved to Maastricht to be with bf, not working & looking for friends. Please get in touch if you like to meet up for coffee.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Gilde SamenSpraak. For anyone who needs help, http://www.hetbegintmettaal.nl/over-...e-samenspraak/ has an army of Native volunteers (The Dutch already have a Big Society that Cameron only wishes he could impose on the UK!) who meet with you (your home, their home, the library, the cafe) to help you learn Dutch, free of charge.

Call your townhall, or the website!!! http://lezenenschrijven.nl/ is the TV (open university-like) and workbook that these people often use to teach. Even if they don't, it's a great FREE resource!
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, the only problem is I left my job in the UK to move here, so it would be my own fault.
You only qualify for WW (unemployment insurance) if you worked (paid tax) here for a minimum time period. You can find more information on the UVW website (use something like google translate to turn the page into English).

If both of you moved here without a job, you should have read the warnings before you lived the dream This is a small xenophobic country, much like the UK: no degree = only fit for nonskilled jobs (and even then, you should speak the national language, hoor!) I'd be rich if I had a euro for the number of jobless I've seen return 'home' broke, after the dream died. Your best bet is an order picking job - you need to be beating the door down at the uitzendbureaus around Rotterdam or Schiphol airport, if you can get in the door (these agencies can be harsh, and frankly, non-english speakers get these roles because they learn other languages much better than our islanders!)

I wish you luck, but you need to set a target: if you don't meet it, buy a ferry ticket back. Otherwise you'll be relying on foodbanks and bijstand in a land that won't accept you - that is scraping an existence, no way to live.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'm afraid we may have to agree to disagree here.... as of today, I was offered a job with an international company where English is widely used, although they would still like me to learn Dutch. Little perseverance and things will go your way!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karij1980
as of today, I was offered a job with an international company where English is widely used
Gefeliciteerd!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karij1980
I'm afraid we may have to agree to disagree here.... as of today, I was offered a job with an international company where English is widely used, although they would still like me to learn Dutch. Little perseverance and things will go your way!
congratulations. That was also my success, after 8 months of looking I found a job at a company with an international department where we use English. Since getting this job my dutch significantly improved after being immersed in it with the other departments.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.