Meeting people in Amsterdam!

Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Michaelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meeting people in Amsterdam!

Hi Therese, sorry I won't be able to make it on Saturday, got to fly to the UK tomorrow and staying there for the week. Is that ok to re-arrange?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

therese.als is an unknown quantity at this point

sure, just let me know the next you'll be able to travel into amsterdam.

Therese
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Therese, sorry for not being in touch sooner, work went crazy, loads of travel involved and I just got ill this week but feeling much better now. I am thinking of going to Amsterdam next saturday, are you still okay to meet for a drink?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi Michaelle,

Sure, I'm free on Saturday. What time where you thinking of coming in to Amsterdam?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi Therese, I am thinking of doing a bit of shopping so I will probably take the train mid-afternoon and be probably able to meet around 18h00 if that's not too early for you. Is that too early for you?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:09 am
Just Joined

18.00 is fine. Which area do you like shopping in? Where shall I meet you? I like the bars in the 9 street area and Jordaan but I don't know any of their names so maybe we can meet at Norderkerk in Jordaan, facing Boomstraat?
I'm going to have to give you a discription of myself now...I'm tall, dark blond and I wear a black winter coat.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi Therese, I will arrive at the Central Station and usually I go to the main high street. I have a map of amsterdam city centre so I can try to find the place you are telling me about but can you try to tell me how I get there, is it walking distance from Dam Square? or do i need to take a tram? sorry I am not too familiar with Amsterdam city centre yet. Regarding what I look like, I am a petite brunette, and I will also have a black coat. I am also more than likely to have a black hat.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I meant Westerkerk. Let's meet by the church at the bridge over to Rozengracht. If you don't mind walking for 20-30 mins you can get there by foot from central station. I can't give you better directions than a map, I'm afraid, I'm just starting to get to know Amsterdam. So 18.00 it is, see you tomorrow!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Therese, one my colleague has explained me where is Boomstraat. I have a google map with me so I will be okay. I will meet you at 18h00 by the church at the bridge over to Rozengracht. See you there! Just in case, here is my mobile: <snip>

Last edited by Sue; Feb 20th 2010 at 4:20 pm. Reason: Tel no removed for privacy. Its not wise to post private info on a public forum. Instead share via pm
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Perikles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

2 twenty-something Brits just arrived in Amsterdam. Anyone who fancies meeting for a drink is welcome to PM me with suggestions. Same to anyone with info about regular meetups.

Cheers!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

vernon prescott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazyorangeone
Hi Everyone,

I've recently moved to Amsterdam for work and as a young single female, would love to make some new friends, as currently only really know my work collegues. Anyone fancy a drink sometime?

I'm 27, and just want to enjoy life to the full!

Hope to hear from some like minded people soon.
Melissa
hi Melissa my name isvernon im 40 yrs old and living in amsterdam let me know if you would like some company ,a bike ride is always cool regards vernon prescott
Old Jun 19th 2010, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

frenchconnectionuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I would love to meet people!!!

Hi everyone!
I've just moved to Amsterdam, I arrived last Monday. I don't know anyone yet and my workmates are all busy with their own lives.
I would love to meet some people and make new friends.
Please let me know if some of you are keen to go out some times!!
Old Jun 19th 2010, 4:34 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I would love to meet people!!!

Originally Posted by frenchconnectionuk
Hi everyone!
I've just moved to Amsterdam, I arrived last Monday. I don't know anyone yet and my workmates are all busy with their own lives.
I would love to meet some people and make new friends.
Please let me know if some of you are keen to go out some times!!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have moved your post to here, as it is probably the best thread for meeting other expats in Amsterdam. In the mean time perhaps you could give the other posters a brief details about yourself? Things like age; sex and hobbies but nothing to personal as this is an open forum.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Ida.F is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I’m originally from Sweden but I’ve lived in Thailand and Canada as well. I’ve just moved to Amsterdam and I’m also interested in getting to know some new friendly expats. I don’t know anyone except for the people I work with and I’m going to be until the end of December.. sooo let me know if you want to meet up!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

john114 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all..

I've been living in utrecht for a bit now and would like to make some new friends, to go out for drinks with and stuff

hope to hear from you

john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.