Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

The Hague: Living and Working, what's it like?

The Hague: Living and Working, what's it like?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Kinderly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question The Hague: Living and Working, what's it like?

Hello all,

Before I say anything further, just have to say how brilliant this site is. I actually need some advice about working and living in The Hague. I've been given a job offer to work in a legal role in The Hague starting next month. I've never been to The Hague before, and haven't travelled much around the Netherlands (only to Amsterdam for one day just passing through)

Does anyone know the city? What's it's live to live and work there? Is it easy to find your way around when you don't speak a work of Dutch? Are there nice areas to go out for a meal or shopping? Since from what I've heard it can be quite boring... don't know if that's true.

I have no idea what cost of living would be, but I'm assuming rent would be around 1000 Euros on average for a one bedroom (please correct me if I'm wrong). What are the neighbourhoods I should be looking at to rent a flat? Do flats come furnished usually? Sorry about all the questions, I probably have a hundred and one more to ask, but I would sincerely appreciate any advice or guidance.

Thanks xx
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hague: Living and Working, what's it like?

Answers to all this and more to be found on www.expatica.nl there's a very recent thread on the Hague.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Kinderly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Hague: Living and Working, what's it like?

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Answers to all this and more to be found on www.expatica.nl there's a very recent thread on the Hague.
Thank you! Will check out that website asap