British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg (https://britishexpats.com/forum/belgium-netherlands-luxembourg-105/)
-   -   Friends in Zwolle (https://britishexpats.com/forum/belgium-netherlands-luxembourg-105/friends-zwolle-890489/)

Adamzwolle Jan 22nd 2017 1:10 pm

Friends in Zwolle

Hi, I'm Adam and moved to Zwolle in April to live with my Dutch girlfriend. I would really like to make some new friends and native English speakers would be great as there aren't so many around the town and my Dutch isn't great yet.
I could do with a mate to go for beers and have a laugh.
I'm a musician by trade but working as a chef currently. I'm 36.
It would be great to meet some new people. Feel free to send a reply.

Thanks

akitainu Jan 23rd 2017 9:11 am

Re: Friends in Zwolle

Hi Adam,

It's indeed hard to meet people here, even more so to make friends. There are a few English speaking, both native and other nationalities. If you add a few more posts here (two I believe) I can PM you with some details.

Daniela

Adamzwolle Jan 23rd 2017 10:48 am

Hi Daniela, thanks for your reply.
I'll post a couple of replies. I hope they count as posts.
Adam

akitainu Jan 23rd 2017 11:22 am

Nice, sent you a PM.

Daniela

SushiFan Jan 24th 2017 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Adamzwolle (Post 12158892)
Hi Daniela, thanks for your reply.
I'll post a couple of replies. I hope they count as posts.
Adam

Yes, replies also count. And you need just one more.....

karij1980 Feb 16th 2017 8:41 pm

Hi Adam

I live in Zwolle as well :) Welcome!

I work in Apeldoorn and have lived in Zwolle for 3 and a half years :)

KirstinB Sep 12th 2017 9:52 am

Hi Adam! Are you still living in Zwolle? It would be fun to meet up with some fellow English speakers!

AmiiA Nov 20th 2017 6:56 pm

Hi all. There's a very active Expats group in Zwolle - can be found on Facebook by searching: Expats Zwolle. Please feel free to join us for Friday drinks at some point (event details are in the group). We have people from all over the world who are here in Zwolle for work or study. We speak English during these meet ups but the group also has a 'practice Dutch' meet up every Tuesday too.

karij1980 Nov 20th 2017 7:04 pm

Ah! Thanks for the tip! Been here 4 and half years and never knew there was such a group on Facebook! I probably can't meet for drinks til next year now (I'm back and forth next month to the UK for Queen & Adam Lambert concerts :P ), but would love to meet up soon!

AmiiA Nov 21st 2017 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by karij1980 (Post 12386133)
Ah! Thanks for the tip! Been here 4 and half years and never knew there was such a group on Facebook! I probably can't meet for drinks til next year now (I'm back and forth next month to the UK for Queen & Adam Lambert concerts :P ), but would love to meet up soon!

Great stuff - I saw that you posted in the FB group. Look forward to meeting you at some point.