CV and Cover letter

Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:32 am
Just Joined

laldan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CV and Cover letter

So im waiting for my social security number to get through and have sent alot of cvs out but there all in english. I understand a lot of people can speak English here but I feel like im being stupid and should translate it all to Dutch?
Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Default Re: CV and Cover letter

And if anyone knows what the best site is for English speakers link me up please
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:20 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

If you wrote in Dutch then expect relies in Dutch. Never use an on-line translator.
What sort of sites do you want to "link you up"? Have you read the Wiki?
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

My CV is in English, but I have put down the Dutch equivalent of my qualifications to help any future employers. Some of them might know about English qualifications, but mine are Scottish qualifications, so little more difficult to describe!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

So a college education is a MBO or a HBO? and say a city and guilds certificate or an NVQ I dont know what to put for them. I'm a gardener so have just been putting in Hovenier zuid holland but no luck yet. pretty sure something should pop up soon. beaut weather though
Old Mar 12th 2014, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by laldan
So a college education is a MBO or a HBO?
A college education is potentially a VWO:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educati...etherlands#Vwo
but it's nothing unless you have it recognized through NUFFIC. But even with an official certificate of equivalence I doubt a Dutch employer would want to give you the due credit, so better off sticking with native British recruiters.

But I had the same problem in UK when I came from Italy, this is why I never wanted to spend money in useless certificates.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Ok thats cool. I'll just explain that they are the equivalent and hope my experience pays off
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

My Scottish Standards (GCEs), Highers (A Levels) and College education all work out to MBO 3 & 4 - hope this helps!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

That does help thanks I guess I am about MBO2 or 3
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by laldan
Ok thats cool. I'll just explain that they are the equivalent and hope my experience pays off
It depends on who will interview you or review your CV. If it's a native Dutch and the position is anything more important than cleaning toilets, they will want to see a hard copy or your qualifications validated by a Dutch authority.

If you are under-30, you can follow up your studies here, in many case receive a sort of benefit and be allowed to work at the same time. You need to contact your local ROC for that.