Cost of Living in Amsterdam

Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Sant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Living in Amsterdam

Hi All,

I am from india and I have got a job in amsterdam with salary 45000 euros. Is it a good salary to live in amsterdam?

Please help me to find out cost of living in amsterdam like: House Rent, Food, Internet, TV, Telephone, Transportation, Health Care, Current, Gas and etc.

What is rules for 30% tax approval?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sant
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:30 am
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of Living in Amsterdam

45000 euros should be enough. But Amsterdam is one of the most expensive places in Europe regarding cost of accommodation. House prices are comparable to Britain, which is expensive.

Amsterdam has a chronic housing shortage, which pushes up the cost of accommodation. You might consider living outside AMS ( e.g. Zaandam ) and commuting.

However the good news is that YOU DON'T NEED A CAR. All you need to live in Holland is a BICYCLE and a PC. ( and a good ability with languages. I've learnt French, German, Spanish, and Japanese, but DUTCH is daunting. Yet another friggin' language where every noun has it's own unique gender ) No, it's not good enough IMHO that the Dutch speak perfect English.....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Sant is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please give more information on cost of
House Rent, Food, Internet, TV, Telephone, Transportation, Health Care, Current, Gas and etc.

Thanks,
Santosh
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:39 pm
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all

Well, that's beyond my knowledge, but I do know that the whores are €50 a throw...
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:45 pm
Fight the good fight

BTW, the man to ask is furkew. Do a little digging and you'll get his answers here
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:45 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Starseed
Well, that's beyond my knowledge, but I do know that the whores are €50 a throw...http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70...ughOutLoud.gif
But thats the cheaper ones. Depends on what time of day, and how good looking

Thats what they tell me anyway.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:57 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sant
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please give more information on cost of
House Rent, Food, Internet, TV, Telephone, Transportation, Health Care, Current, Gas and etc.

Thanks,
Santosh
I and a few others had posted quite a bit of info about general standards of living in Amsterdam and Holland in general. Have a good look at all the threads here, they cover quite a bit of what you are looking for, and its all fairly recent.

The salary is more than enough to live on if you are single. Married or living together its still enough to get by fine, but you wont have a life of luxury.

Very ballpark figure would be :
house rent : 800/1000euro p.month
Food : 500 euro p.month
Internet/tv/phone : 60.00 euro p.month (have packages here for unlimited phone call national, fast internet, cable tv all in one)
Transportation ? tram/bicycle/car/train ?
Health care : 100.00 p.month more if you include dental insurance/extra cover
Gas/electric/water : 150.00/175.00 p.month

For just under 2000.00 p.month you will lead a GOOD life. You could get by for 1500.00 and be fine.

Here is a link for housing ideas : http://www.woninghuren.com/index.php

hope this helps