Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Bodybuilder, Footballer, Musician - Seeks friends!

Bodybuilder, Footballer, Musician - Seeks friends!

Old May 4th 2015, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

ChristovGuitar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bodybuilder, Footballer, Musician - Seeks friends!

Hi all, good evening.

Believe me this is the first forum post I have ever submitted.

My name is chris, I am 31 and from the UK. I live in Utrecht now for around 1 year and haven't really made any friends yet. I know this takes time, but with football, work and the gym I find it hard to interact with the locals as I am always worried I am "putting them out" by speaking English, so I become quite shy.

I have attended a few meetup sessions, but again, I am not one to talk crap to 100 people for 5minutes, I would rather talk to 5 people for 100 minutes if you know what I mean.

Im an IT manager for an ethical bank in Zeist, I love music and like the regular stuff, films, sports, exploring and I mostly spend my free time in 2 different gyms or doing my new hobby (feeding the ducks) - I would so get beat up at home for admitted that one!

Would love to meet some new friends, (not using this as a dating website) but girls would be nice and of course guys, would be good to be able to chat to someone who speaks really good English (nothing against the locals but I feel when you learn another language you can only learn 99% of it - there is that last 1% - the odd wink, sly or crude joke that only born nationals of that county would understand) still anyone Dutch or English or from wherever who is willing to have a chat with me, or give me some pointers would be much appreciated. Happy to hook up for a drink, or your welcome to join me in a gym session.

I suppose truth be told im kind of lonely, have no friends or family here so in the evenings its kinda hard. I know I need to do more to interact with people at my own pace, thus step one.. this post!

Look forward to your replies or ideas where I can go to meet real people.

Chris
Old May 5th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice
Default Re: Bodybuilder, Footballer, Musician - Seeks friends!

Hi there. I live not far (well, it's far away in Dutch terms, in UK terms it's down the road!) in Zwolle and work in Apeldoorn. I've lived here for almost 2 years.

Sometimes it's difficult with British humour and ways of doing things....... I'm considered a breath of fresh air to my boyfriend's friends as I do/say lots of things that they would never dream of doing!

We go to lots of concerts (mainly for our friend's band - Robby Valentine), but the concerts are pretty much anywhere in the Netherlands.

I think some Brits try to make their home like the UK - it doesn't work like that...... just go with the flow and don't change just to please the others.....
Old May 5th 2015, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

ChristovGuitar is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah Zwolle is the other side of the world.. or from the UK side of things, about an hours drive which is nothing, haha. Well you sound nice. I hope I can find someone with your sense of humour.
Old May 10th 2015, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Learn Dutch ?
Old Jun 21st 2015, 9:26 pm
Undutchable

Stephka is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Bodybuilder, Footballer, Musician - Seeks friends!

Hi Chris,

what nice versatile hobbies you have! I like to know what you are feeding those ducks

Curious Steph