BBC iPlayer in Europe

Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:15 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer in Europe

Why on earth do you pay for these things when they are available free?

I used Expat Shield in Canada.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

brianc_li is an unknown quantity at this point

As I explained earlier Londonuck, the reason I pay is to avoid being bombarded by ads and spyware.

If a free service works for you that's great. I prefer to pay, what is let's face it nominal amount of less than a euro a week, for a consistently reliable, fast and trouble free service. Horses for courses.

There are lots of providers out there, both paid and "free". At one stage the amounts they charged seemed to vary widely. Nowdays, for those that charge, 40 euro a year seems to be as low as it gets.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:23 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianc_li
As I explained earlier Londonuck, the reason I pay is to avoid being bombarded by ads and spyware.
Sorry mate didnt mean to sound funny.

You can get around the ads and spyware. I used ad blocker and spyware gets caught with other programmes.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:54 am
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brianc_li

If a free service works for you that's great. I prefer to pay, what is let's face it nominal amount of less than a euro a week, for a consistently reliable, fast and trouble free service. Horses for courses.

There are lots of providers out there, both paid and "free". At one stage the amounts they charged seemed to vary widely. Nowdays, for those that charge, 40 euro a year seems to be as low as it gets.
Glad someone quoted your post. It's the only way your info is now visible after Sue's over-enthusiastic deletion on account of "spam". Hell, we're all trying to find providers here, which means they HAVE TO BE NAMED.