Any expats in Zwolle??

Old Jul 6th 2013, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Zwollywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats in Zwolle??

Hi folks I've moved to the Diezerpoort area of Zwolle to live with my Dutch fiancee. Originally from Birmingham but worked in London for 15 years, so I'm still experiencing a bit of culture shock! Would be great to meet some local peope as I work miles away in the Hague hanging out with work colleagues is a bit tricky.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

ChrisL3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Zwollywood,

if you make another two posts I can PM you. There are a few expats here in Zwolle. I have only recently moved here myself but I have already met up with a few folk.

Chris
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:38 pm
N77
Just Joined

N77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Zwollywood,

We currently live in Zwolle but are moving at the end of September...there is a few of us here...will let the others know to make contact with you. Heard that you were out with Pippa and Tess the other day Chris and hope you are settling in well here in Zwolle. Nicki :-)
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nicki

great to hear from you! Shame you're moving away, we were planning on it as my commute is crazy, but as we can't sell the flat I'm catching up with my Dutch lessons on the train...slowly...
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Oops forgot to sign off with my real name again - it's Liz
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisL3
Hey Zwollywood,

if you make another two posts I can PM you. There are a few expats here in Zwolle. I have only recently moved here myself but I have already met up with a few folk.

Chris
Hi Chris

great to hear from you, think I have posted the obligatory magic 3 posts so please do get in touch. Cheers Liz
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

ChrisL3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zwollywood
Hi Chris

great to hear from you, think I have posted the obligatory magic 3 posts so please do get in touch. Cheers Liz
Hi Liz.

I will send you a PM.

Cheers,

Chris
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

akitainu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've recently moved to Zwolle as well (Aaalanden), with boyfriend and work in Putten. I'm not British, I'm Romanian.
I would also like to meet some local people since my company is all males, mostly older than me and religious - so slim chances of really befriending someone. And sometimes it's good to just have a cup of coffee and bitch about life.
I'm perfectly ok if you mind that I'm not a Brit but thought I'd give it a try since I haven't really found a Romanian community here

Dana
Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Originally Posted by akitainu
Hi all,

I've recently moved to Zwolle as well (Aaalanden), with boyfriend and work in Putten. I'm not British, I'm Romanian.
I would also like to meet some local people since my company is all males, mostly older than me and religious - so slim chances of really befriending someone. And sometimes it's good to just have a cup of coffee and bitch about life.
I'm perfectly ok if you mind that I'm not a Brit but thought I'd give it a try since I haven't really found a Romanian community here

Dana
Hey Dana, Aalanden is not far from me, I am in Stadshagen I live here with my boyfriend too
Old Jul 24th 2013, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply. I call Stadshagen 'the modern development' cause of all the new houses there. Have been to the area a few times.
Would you fancy meeting up for a drink/coffee/ijs one weekend, I imagine working days are quite busy otherwise.
If anyone else is willing to join I'd be happy to meet them as well. I especially miss my old group of female friends that I used to hang out with
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:39 pm
N77
Just Joined

N77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by akitainu
Hi all,

Dana
Hi,

We also live in the Aa-Landen but due to move very soon....I know a few other English here and sure they would love to meet up with you and will let them know. Enjoy your time in Zwolle!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Good to know, thanks, looking forward to it