Any expats in Zwolle??

Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

DutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really niceDutchReds is just really nice
Default Any expats in Zwolle??

Hi all I have been in zwolle for 8 years now and have not come across any expats...tell a lie one but lost contact some time ago.

I have been in and around the town and picked up on the odd one or two english words as I have been walking around but never really found a place where their is a bunch of us.

So does anyone know of any English expats in Zwolle, would be cool to make contact
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

moragholland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats in Zwolle??

Hi,

I too have the same problem. I moved to Harderwijk in February this year and am really struggling to meet new people.
My partner is Dutch and we have a 9 month old little boy. I think it's harder for me not speaking much Dutch and also having a small baby.
I have joined swimming and music classes for the baby and meet lots of Dutch people but find that they are not as open as the British and never meet up for coffee etc which i really miss.
zwolle isnt far from Harderwijk, if you ever fancy meeting for a coffee i'd happily do so as it would be nice to meet a fellow English speaker.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:28 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moragholland
Hi,

I too have the same problem. I moved to Harderwijk in February this year and am really struggling to meet new people.
My partner is Dutch and we have a 9 month old little boy. I think it's harder for me not speaking much Dutch and also having a small baby.
I have joined swimming and music classes for the baby and meet lots of Dutch people but find that they are not as open as the British and never meet up for coffee etc which i really miss.
zwolle isnt far from Harderwijk, if you ever fancy meeting for a coffee i'd happily do so as it would be nice to meet a fellow English speaker.

I am sad to read that you are finding it hard to meet others like mind folks.
I know that the Dutch normally speak English but I do feel it is a language problem too. If you learnt Dutch you will find the doors opening more frequently. when I took langauge leessons I was alos told about Dutch customs and manners. So maybe find out if your local city council has Dutch language lessons. You will be supprised at the differences between the Dutch and Brits!

Good luck
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Inatiswas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi

I have just moved to Zwolle as I've married a Dutch guy. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

I've only just joined this site but I guess you can PM somewhere??
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DutchReds
Hi all I have been in zwolle for 8 years now and have not come across any expats...tell a lie one but lost contact some time ago.

I have been in and around the town and picked up on the odd one or two english words as I have been walking around but never really found a place where their is a bunch of us.

So does anyone know of any English expats in Zwolle, would be cool to make contact
Hi

I'm in Zwolle so if you fancy a coffee sometime let me know. I did actually hear 2 English women in town a couple of weeks ago and I was so surprised that I didn't think to speak to them!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

AlanB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Ive been living in Zwolle for a year now working from home for an English company and living with my Dutch partner (Gwen). Please get in touch, ive only heard one English voice since ive been in Zwolle. I originally come from Bedfordshire and have also lived in Zaandam.

Al

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 15th 2010 at 11:50 am. Reason: Url removed
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlanB
Hi, Ive been living in Zwolle for a year now working from home for an English company and living with my Dutch partner (Gwen). Please get in touch, ive only heard one English voice since ive been in Zwolle. I originally come from Bedfordshire and have also lived in Zaandam.

Al

(SNIP)
Hi Al

I'm going to try and PM you with my email address. When I just tried it made reference to making 3 posts so hopefully this will do it. If not, can you PM me?

I originally come from Burton on Trent, would be nice to meet up.

Pippa
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inatiswas
Hi

I think I managed to PM you, I've got a PM in my sent box. Will check out the website.

Pippa
Hi

I've emailed you. Check your spam box if you don't see it as I've found my emails sometimes head for there!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

eplove82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any expats in Zwolle??

I moved to Harderwijk, Netherlands in May from Orlando, FL and I would love to speak to anyone in English I to only have my partner and going from working at Disney world 80ish hours a week and always busy with friends to nothing and no work on the other side of the world I can understand what you mean. I haven't found anyone in Harderwijk that speaks English I'm slowly trying to learn Dutch with Rosetta Stone but I'm still in the basics and noone I have met so far can speak more than a few word of English. I care about my partner allot and thats why I moved, but I often find myself very homesick so if you ever wanna hangout send me an email and we can go from there.(SNIP)

Hi,

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Dec 27th 2010 at 9:25 am. Reason: Not a good idea to put your email up on a public forum
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:05 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome eplove82 to the forum.
Working in Disney? I assume you mean the one outside of Paris?
Moving to a new location is always hard, especially when you work far away.
I think it would be advisable to ask for your email address to be removed from the posting to stop spammers gathering it.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Tessa_K is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all...

I live in Zwolle too! And I've also caught a few bits of English in town sometimes, but Ive never wanted to interrupt anyone, Ive always just stared wide eyed at my fiance in surprise!!
Yes, I am here for the Dutch fiance. I moved here in May and have had fairly up and down experiences so far! Not one unused to moving abroad, I joined another expat site before I moved over and in my first week here met up with a whole bunch of people. I got on with a couple of them immediately and subsequently spent my first 6 months or so here quite happy and enjoying Dutch life. Unfortunately though they have both left now, and am back online trying to find some more people to meet for glasses of wine and the odd coffee!?

So, if any of you fancy a drink or something, please just give me a shout, would be fabulous to know some more people here.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!
Tess
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Tess

I've sent you a PM.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Tessa_K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eplove82
I moved to Harderwijk, Netherlands in May from Orlando, FL and I would love to speak to anyone in English I to only have my partner and going from working at Disney world 80ish hours a week and always busy with friends to nothing and no work on the other side of the world I can understand what you mean. I haven't found anyone in Harderwijk that speaks English I'm slowly trying to learn Dutch with Rosetta Stone but I'm still in the basics and noone I have met so far can speak more than a few word of English. I care about my partner allot and thats why I moved, but I often find myself very homesick so if you ever wanna hangout send me an email and we can go from there.(SNIP)
Hey Eplove82,

Do you make it into Zwolle very often? Maybe we can hook up for a drink sometime? I also moved away from a lot of friends, family, a hectic life really, and now feel like I have a very small little world... Would be cool to meet up with someone new.

Let me know if you fancy it,
Tess
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tessa_K
Hey Inatiswas,

I tried to get the PM you sent me but apparently I need to do 3 posts first?!
You also cant send a PM til youve done the 3! Bugger it.
Oh well, 2 down one to go... ha!

Tess
Yes I know. I had the same problem! ha
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Greg_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I moved to Zwolle just over 6 months ago from the UK. I know I'm a little late with this thread but I've only just joined. Would be great to meet up with some other people who have also moved here. From the thread it seemed that others are keen to do the same.
Greg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.