Your Photos

Old Nov 16th 2016, 10:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Your Photos

Originally Posted by Pica
Without meaning to sound rude-why?
Because they have a more personal touch. Just like the Canada photo thread or OzzieEagles Scotland photo thread. They are just more of the moment I suppose.

Anyway. I'd like that too whether people think it is daft or not.

Pics of where you live. Special places you go to. Your area. That type of thing.

BTW. I still have my parent's box brownie camera.

Seriously, if you need a walk through to post pics Robin1234 , I am happy to PM to you. Let me know.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 11:11 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It didn't even have a CD-ROM drive, though that was at least partly because CD's hadn't yet been invented. I suspect that lack of internet access was caused by a similar problem.
I think you're right. I first used an Apple II in 1979. This was 7 years after I'd been introduced to the Brave New World of computing.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else on board other than Bevs and Elonii? A lot of people here would enjoy seeing pictures from other posters they've come to know. C'mon people!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

My place a couple of weeks ago. It has gone now, but expecting more today

Your Photos-wp_20161109_002.jpg

Your Photos-wp_20161109_003.jpg

Your Photos-wp_20161109_005.jpg
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:57 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Because they have a more personal touch. Just like the Canada photo thread or OzzieEagles Scotland photo thread. They are just more of the moment I suppose.

Anyway. I'd like that too whether people think it is daft or not.

Pics of where you live. Special places you go to. Your area. That type of thing.

BTW. I still have my parent's box brownie camera.

Seriously, if you need a walk through to post pics Robin1234 , I am happy to PM to you. Let me know.
Thanks! Sorry for my levity, I'll now resume normal service and give a straight answer.

Bl**dy iPad and iOS 9 or whatever the heck the operating system and the crappy browsers I have to work with.

Back in the day, when I used to have one of those televisions with typewriters attached (like the one in the photograph, balanced on top of the photocopier,) I used to post pictures on here, quotes, all sorts. Now that I just have an iPad, it seems it's physically not possible to do those things. I can take photos and use them in Apple programs (mail, messages, FaceTime and the like.) But if I just touch that "graphic" icon above this window, browser crashes. (Either browser, Safari or puffin.) If I have text on the clipboard, yes, I can paste it in this window. But if I have a photo or a graphic on the clipboard, it's impossible to paste into this window.

I'll keep working on it - but as the guy said last time I was in an Apple Store - you just need to buy the latest model and you'll be all set
Old Nov 17th 2016, 8:45 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I have absolutely no idea how I'd upload an image to this site. I tried clicking the image icon, but got asked for an url for the image. So, presumably I'd have to set up a website, then upload my picture onto it, in order to obtain an url. Way too much hassle.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what we've been waking up to for the past couple of weeks in the Tyne Valley area of Northumberland:
Attached Thumbnails Your Photos-img_1440_adj_small.jpg   Your Photos-img_1441_adj.jpg   Your Photos-img_1451_adj_small.jpg  
Old Nov 17th 2016, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Here's what we've been waking up to for the past couple of weeks in the Tyne Valley area of Northumberland:
Those are lovely pics, and there we go re: a Newton Stewart connection! It's a lovely area, sadly it doesn't feel like home for us so we are exploring other options over the next wee while. But there's still a chance it'll all fall into place even if we decide it's not forever!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I have absolutely no idea how I'd upload an image to this site. I tried clicking the image icon, but got asked for an url for the image. So, presumably I'd have to set up a website, then upload my picture onto it, in order to obtain an url. Way too much hassle.
I had the same issue, but click on reply to thread and then on attach file
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
If you use the image icon you will "hot link" to a picture that is uploaded somewhere, such as photobucket, and the thread shows the full picture, like in Nutek's funny pictures thread, but what most people seem to do is to click on the paper clip on the upper row of icons above, and the actually upload the picture to BritishExpats (like Verystormy said, attach a file), which creates the clickable thumbnail image at the bottom of your post.

HTH
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Your Photos-img_4136.jpg

No beautiful country photos from me, I'm afraid. However, I love London!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
My place a couple of weeks ago. It has gone now, but expecting more today

Attachment 126205

Attachment 126206

Attachment 126207
Really pretty! Your place looks lovely. Snow already?

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Nov 17th 2016 at 3:54 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curleytops
Gorgeous! Very rural looking. Is that a little village down there? So pretty!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
Attachment 126211

No beautiful country photos from me, I'm afraid. However, I love London!
Nice!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

This is so great! It made me so happy to come on here this morning and find all this participation. Can't wait to see what else you post...so cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.