Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

You return home. Would you go somewhere else again?

You return home. Would you go somewhere else again?

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default You return home. Would you go somewhere else again?

To all of you that have returned to the UK. Would you try moving somewhere else and try again? If so, where would you like to try next to make a new life?

Last edited by Gray C; Oct 28th 2006 at 10:48 am.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You return home. Would you go somewhere else again?

Originally Posted by Gray C
To all of you that have returned to the UK. Would you try moving somewhere else and try again? If so, where would you like to try next to make a new life?

Well as someone who has returned "home" on several occasions i would have to say yes!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

yes. I returned to the UK from NZ, albeit very briefly, and now live in Italy. It's fab!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

I returned to the UK from South Africa and then came to Canada, I think if we go home though it will be for good. I am tired of living life in limbo, if we go home we will live it up and really enjoy our surroundings. Same if we decide to stay in Canada.

Jo x
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:18 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

I have returned to the uk from Dubai, but yes I would try again .... Not sure of where or when, but not until my eldest has finished school at least.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I did, but didn't stay either, currently based in Spain, but also work elsewhere. I found I couldn't settle in UK, I prefer the lifestyle more in Spain to live.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:43 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Spain at the moment. We're in our 50s. Love it, but don't want to spend the rest of my life here. Certainly don't want to be old and frail here (not that there's anything wrong with the Spanish system, I would just prefer familiarity if I ever get to be in that position).

We may re-locate within Spain in the near future (from South to North).

Luckily, we still have our house in the UK, so in a few years time we intend to re-locate to the UK and have the Spanish house as a second home, spending 4-5 months a year in Spain.

Best of both worlds.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

Having returned from Canada 15 months ago we plan to stay in the UK until our sons have completed their education. So we here for the next 12-15 years and that will hopefully give us time to recover financially from our 8 years Canada and get a decent base back in the UK.

Then when we in our 50's we would consider working overseas for short durations. Somewhere were it not too cold in winter. I do not think we look for a new life, as we realised our real life was in the UK. I would see living overseas as more of a working holiday with the option to return to the UK when we want.

hudd
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hudd
Having returned from Canada 15 months ago we plan to stay in the UK until our sons have completed their education. So we here for the next 12-15 years and that will hopefully give us time to recover financially from our 8 years Canada and get a decent base back in the UK.

Then when we in our 50's we would consider working overseas for short durations. Somewhere were it not too cold in winter. I do not think we look for a new life, as we realised our real life was in the UK. I would see living overseas as more of a working holiday with the option to return to the UK when we want.

hudd
We have now turned our sights away from Canada (reasons already well documented on the Canadian forum) and are looking for somewhere warmer, especially in the winter months. Rural Spain seems to appeal.

What went wrong for you in Canada, or had you just decided that you wanted to return to the UK?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Well..we have lived in Germany (I am German) England, Holland, Belgium and again England...If I had a lot of money I would maybe tempted to live some were else, but for the rest I dont want to live anywhere else any more.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

When I return home it will be a big fat no no, I'm staying put, except for my holidays of course
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

I moved back to the UK from and NZ 18 months and have been itching to move back or somewhere else eversince.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
I moved back to the UK from and NZ 18 months and have been itching to move back or somewhere else eversince.
Why did you return from NZ and where else do you have in mind?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

Uk-USA-Uk.

If I moved again, it would be somewhere in Europe, when I retired. Which is a fair few bloody years away yet.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:29 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Britvic- there may be places to turn my head, but not enough to make my body go with it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.