Can't
0%
Not sure yet
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Are you leaving NZ, yes no or can't

Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:15 pm
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice
Default Are you leaving NZ, yes no or can't

How many people are thinking of leaving (or are in the process of going) how many are thinking of staying and how many would like to leave but for whatever reason they can't.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:37 am
Just Joined

STELOR will become famous soon enoughSTELOR will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Are you leaving NZ, yes no or can't

Originally Posted by cathyc
How many people are thinking of leaving (or are in the process of going) how many are thinking of staying and how many would like to leave but for whatever reason they can't.
Hi, moved to NZ and it lasted 9 months. Returned to UK. Been back 18 months and I haven't been able to settle whereas the rest of family have. But planning to return to NZ later in year. Loved the sea views, snow capped mountains, less traffic, quieter pace of life. Less crime. If you have all those benefits, then life is just what one makes it istn't it?????
Stelor
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:32 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice

Yes, you have to do what you can. Going back home wasn't possible for us so we did the next best thing and headed for Australia for a while. The scenery is good in New Zealand but you need to have cash to get around and see much of it and you can't eat it or heat your home with it Why are you so keen to go back but your family isn't, who gets the deciding vote?

Last edited by cathyc; Jun 6th 2008 at 9:34 am.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

majohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to all

Hi Cathy,

yes wife and i are leaving after 5 yrs.we are in whakatane. daughter has shipped ovber to oz to be with boyfriend, so time for wife and i to head back.
weve enjoyed our time here but going a bit stir crazy now here..looking forward to seeing a bit of our own backyard and catching up with friends and family
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

STELOR will become famous soon enoughSTELOR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cathyc
Yes, you have to do what you can. Going back home wasn't possible for us so we did the next best thing and headed for Australia for a while. The scenery is good in New Zealand but you need to have cash to get around and see much of it and you can't eat it or heat your home with it Why are you so keen to go back but your family isn't, who gets the deciding vote?
At the time, it was my husband who felt extremely unsettled. The rest of us weren't settled but were getting on with things. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and in our case we went back to the UK far, far too early and my husband and two adult children all agree. NZ has never left our thoughts. Intermitently, one or the other of us has discussed the thought of returning. This is why we have decided to. None of us is having the deciding vote, unlike when we returned to the UK when my husband did. But as I said before, we all agree that we did the wrong thing by bolting back to the familiarity of our home country and this is why I share with you our experience as you have only been there, if you come to look back on it, a short time for the HUGE move you have made. Is your want to return due to whatever or is it going through the stages of being terribly home sick?
How long had you been in NZ before moving on to Oz? What does your husband think? I found that because I too was still trying to settle in I wasn't strong enough at the time to say, no let's give it longer to my husband because he just so much wanted to get back. But, now there is the hindsight! There is no perfect place in the world and I look at the benefits we had out there that were free ... beautiful views, walks by the sea, fabulous clean beach only 20 minutes away. Less traffic, less crime. (We actually think this is more beneficial to our four children than us). Whereas everyday living ... work, wages, utility bills, food, ect is just the same anywhere isn't it? Everyone will say that it takes a minimum of 2 years to sort oneself out and start to feel settled. But no matter how many threads we send or read there is only ourselves that can answer our own questions and sometimes I do wonder whether or not it's a good thing to even read the threads! The very best of luck making your final decision.
Stelor