Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

You know you've been on MBTTUK too much when...

Wikiposts

You know you've been on MBTTUK too much when...

Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:37 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know you've been on MBTTUK too much when...

you're not even from the UK and you start thinking about moving back. Ooh the pubs, the friends and family, the countryside, the supermarkets..

you guys make it sound so good...

Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:15 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you've been on MBTTUK too much when...

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
you're not even from the UK and you start thinking about moving back. Ooh the pubs, the friends and family, the countryside, the supermarkets..

you guys make it sound so good...

... you find yourself saying, "Ee, bah gum, I'd love some fish and chips wrapped up in the Daily Mail while watching the Jeremy Kyle show".
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:40 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

actually I love fish n chips.

Hmmmm.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:19 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
... you find yourself saying, "Ee, bah gum, I'd love some fish and chips wrapped up in the Daily Mail while watching the Jeremy Kyle show".
Oooh...ecky thump....where do they shovel your chips into newspaper? They tasted SO much better with the previous week's headlines imprinted on them
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Oooh...ecky thump....where do they shovel your chips into newspaper? They tasted SO much better with the previous week's headlines imprinted on them
No more news print on your chips these days ... Health and Safety.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:58 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, which is why I asked the question.....

you find yourself saying, "Ee, bah gum, I'd love some fish and chips wrapped up in the Daily Mail while watching the Jeremy Kyle show".
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:26 am

NO WAY!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
NO WAY!

Don't worry they have not used newsprint for years ...but the fish and chips is still A-Mazing!

Oh god ...i almost tasted the chips just then from the chippy near my old house. What memories, the great thing is - it is still there and still owned by the same people ....So i have hopes it will taste the same when i get there!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

We paid a visit to the chippy the first night we were back. You just can't replicate the taste of chip shop chips.

Pie, chips and Daddie's sauce. Gorgeous.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

geeandtee, you are back then, dont know if i missed an up date, so happy you got there safely, how you feeling about it, I know it is only a few days...........ah fish and chips, what is it about those that make us feel all sad inside....... when you cant have them.