Yes, another question...

Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Yes, another question...

Okay, before you say look on the DEFRA site, which I will in-depth again, I just wanted to ask a quick question. I know you guys are very helpful with this stuff and just wondered if anyone can advise.

It's a PetPassport type question
I had both my cats microchipped, rabies vaccinated, blood drawn and tested in December of 2007, so I can go home to Scotland in June 2008 at the earliest.

If I were to go home before June 2008 would it be a HUGE hassle putting them in quarantine for however many months I would need them to be there?

And, will it be VERY expensive?? Any idea how much quarantine a month for two cats is? Also, I would be flying into Manchester (nearest airport to Scotland for the PetPassport stuff), and would need to quarantine them in the Scottish Borders.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Yes, another question...

Hey as far as i can tell (and we had written confirmation from Defra), as long as the rabies jab is up to date (ours is Norbivac and last for three years) there is NO QUARANTINE as long as the Pets passport is up to date. Check what is on the passport.........

We are going home with our terrier, and I would not put her thru quarantine for all the tea in china, so we have checked this out to n'th degree.

Hope that helps.

A xxx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes, another question...

Originally Posted by alliekate
Hey as far as i can tell (and we had written confirmation from Defra), as long as the rabies jab is up to date (ours is Norbivac and last for three years) there is NO QUARANTINE as long as the Pets passport is up to date. Check what is on the passport.........

We are going home with our terrier, and I would not put her thru quarantine for all the tea in china, so we have checked this out to n'th degree.

Hope that helps.

A xxx
Thanks Alliekate,
Actually, I am coming from the US, and it's a third country vet certificate not the PetPassport (my mistake). Quarantine applies if it has been less than 6 months since the blood-draw. Where are you? Is it Australia?
Marmalade
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Yes, another question...

Yes we are Oz.

I think it is a total nightmare wherever you are returning from - a paperwork frenzy.

Defra have admitted to us today that their website is wrong (!!!!!!) and you cannot fly pets from Cairns to the UK. Fantastic. It's only cos we pointed out that Jetstar have taken on this route (and don't carry pets) that they have sussed it.

Not a lot of hope is there ? We are now going to have to go to Brissie and fly from there.

What a load of bollocks.

A xxx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes we are Oz.

I think it is a total nightmare wherever you are returning from - a paperwork frenzy.

Defra have admitted to us today that their website is wrong (!!!!!!) and you cannot fly pets from Cairns to the UK. Fantastic. It's only cos we pointed out that Jetstar have taken on this route (and don't carry pets) that they have sussed it.

Not a lot of hope is there ? We are now going to have to go to Brissie and fly from there.

What a load of bollocks.

A xxx
Sorry to hear that Alliekate Seems like there should be an easier way. Why can't they just tell you upfront what the real situation is. No wonder so many of us have so many questions to post on here after trawling through DEFRAs site. When you think it is finally straightforward you get thrown a curveball. So many people have posted on BE that the figuring out the paperwork alone is very confusing and stressful. As no one wants to end up in Britian with their pets and then find out there has been a mistake with the paperwork that none of us knew about.

Good luck getting everything organised
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Yes, another question...

Hey thankyou !!!

After losing one dog in quarantine, this one will be travelling in the hold beneath me with the captain under strict orders to check on her ( I wish)

Not joking really - it is a bloody minefield. I just want my terrier home in one piece, without any question of quarantine :curse::curse::curse::curse: cos then they really would have a mad woman on their hands.

We have already had to have a new passport sent out from the UK with the correct jab dates confirmed (why were they not right in the first place )

But we will get there........
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Are you STILL bleating on about that
Watch you don't drown yourself. Thanks for the HELPFUL reply creep
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:12 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thankyou !!!

After losing one dog in quarantine, this one will be travelling in the hold beneath me with the captain under strict orders to check on her ( I wish)

Not joking really - it is a bloody minefield. I just want my terrier home in one piece, without any question of quarantine :curse::curse::curse::curse: cos then they really would have a mad woman on their hands.

:
Are you STILL bleating on about that
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:12 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Watch you don't drown yourself. Thanks for the HELPFUL reply creep
I wasn't replying to you - I was commenting on someones post
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I wasn't replying to you - I was commenting on someones post
Okay, my mistake, but didn't she say she lost a dog in quarantine, isn't that a sad situation
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Same predicament here,

My cats cant go until July 22 and I need to go early May.

What I did for my two cats was to go on a cat forum in Australia and ask if there were any loving families who would take my kitties for 10 weeks, for $1000 cash and all the food and litter required. I got about 6 responses from people happy to take them in, breeders and just cat lovers.

Quarantine for 2 months will cost you about $2500.

I am mentioning this as I know my cats would rather have the run of a house (all be it a strange one for a few days) than sit in a cage for 10 weeks. I wonder if a similar suggestion is an option.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sherro
Same predicament here,

My cats cant go until July 22 and I need to go early May.

What I did for my two cats was to go on a cat forum in Australia and ask if there were any loving families who would take my kitties for 10 weeks, for $1000 cash and all the food and litter required. I got about 6 responses from people happy to take them in, breeders and just cat lovers.

Quarantine for 2 months will cost you about $2500.

I am mentioning this as I know my cats would rather have the run of a house (all be it a strange one for a few days) than sit in a cage for 10 weeks. I wonder if a similar suggestion is an option.
Thanks Sherro, that is definitely something to think about. I would leave the cats here for a while, but it seems that I have to accompany them when flying from the US to the UK. That would have been a good option though, if I had that option.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Hey,

Is there not a company that will do that. it might cost you a few $$ more but its worth it for piece of mind and getting away sooner if you need too.

In Aus am using jetpets, they will pick the cats up from wherever they are and look after them for one night and then put them on the plane. I just have to be at Heathrow at the other end !

QUite sure there would be pet relocation companies in the US. Unless I am missing something?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that helps.

A xxx
Hi..been reading a lot of your threads...I just want to ask you (we live in Perth W.A) We have had our beautiful small dog microchipped and vacc for Rabies...it was all done (in that order) Dec 6.... blood test Jan 6 (all clear)now I know that we have to wait 6 months from Jan 6 before our pet can enter the U.K with us....BUT....the other choices would be if we were to leave before then (1) leave our pet in Kennels here then fly over when quarrantine is completed...(2) wait until 6 months and all fly home in June...(3) quarrantine in the U.K if we did leave before the 6 months...BUT...I just want to know about the Pet Passport....DEFRA have been okay everytime I phone I speak to different people and told different things...does our pet have a "passports" or is it just all the paper work we have in regards to vaccs etc?
Sorry to be a pain but I seem to have different answers....we will be flying from Perth to Manchester....is Quantas the only carrier?...have checked airlines (we don't have a great deal of choice in Perth) but it is always "taped" messages.............
Hope the rain eases, just heard Townsville and surrounding areas have been hit with more rain.............................
Hope your return home goes smoothly and good luck with everything.............
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Okay, before you say look on the DEFRA site, which I will in-depth again, I just wanted to ask a quick question. I know you guys are very helpful with this stuff and just wondered if anyone can advise.

It's a PetPassport type question
I had both my cats microchipped, rabies vaccinated, blood drawn and tested in December of 2007, so I can go home to Scotland in June 2008 at the earliest.

If I were to go home before June 2008 would it be a HUGE hassle putting them in quarantine for however many months I would need them to be there?

And, will it be VERY expensive?? Any idea how much quarantine a month for two cats is? Also, I would be flying into Manchester (nearest airport to Scotland for the PetPassport stuff), and would need to quarantine them in the Scottish Borders.
I have 2 cats too, both had the rabies jab done last December and micro-chipped. Been told they can fly back to UK in June.
What i need to know is that do they both need a passport too and where do you get them from? any idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.