wrong UK divorce papers?

Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice
Default wrong UK divorce papers?

I got divorced in the UK and I can see that many of you had a problem with the decree absolute as in the UK the judge doesn't sign or seal it! I thing that our RFE is about this! Did anyone esle had a similar problem? How can be proved that this decree is absolute?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 5:17 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wrong UK divorce papers?

Originally posted by monica&ed
I got divorced in the UK and I can see that many of you had a problem with the decree absolute as in the UK the judge doesn't sign or seal it! I thing that our RFE is about this! Did anyone esle had a similar problem? How can be proved that this decree is absolute?
Hello

There was another thread about this recently and the couple involved have just re-posted saying they have decided to hire a lawyer to help resolve a similar problem.

Don't know if this helps but when my lawyer sent me my decree nisi she wrote an accompanying letter explaining that it was NOT the absolute and that she had to apply for the absolute. When I received my decree absolute she wrote another accompanying letter saying that the decree absolute was final, the date it became final and that I was now a free woman!! I have kept this correspondence with both decree's. I haven't run into any problems so far. When I took them to the K3 interview the consular officer read them, gave them back to me and made no comment.

Good luck

Maggie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

I was also divorced in the UK. I just sent a copy of my decree nisi absolute (D37) and didn't have any problems.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:15 pm
Denis

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:50:53 +0000, monica&ed
<member@british_expats.com> wrote:

>I got divorced in the UK and I can see that many of you had a problem
    >with the decree absolute as in the UK the judge doesn't sign or seal it!
    >I thing that our RFE is about this! Did anyone esle had a similar
    >problem? How can be proved that this decree is absolute?

I personally did not have any problems but the piece of paper that I
received from Hitchin County Court said in the text :-

It is hereby certified that the said decree was on the 5th February
2001 made final and absolute and that the said marriage was thereby
dissolved.

Also at the bottom of the paper is printed :-

D37 Decree of Absolute(Divorce)

I would have thought that would be more than adequate, maybe other
courts word it differently?

Denis

Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Denis the piece of paper that I
received from Hitchin County Court said in the text
Funny, I'd have thought the divorce certs would come from the Un-Hitchin Court...
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:30 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by meauxna
Funny, I'd have thought the divorce certs would come from the Un-Hitchin Court...

Meauxna - That did make me laugh!!!

Denis - my UK divorce decree absolute says exactly the same.

Maggie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Maggs
Denis - my UK divorce decree absolute says exactly the same.
What? Exactly the same date and everything??

Were you married to Denis???!!!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
I received a decree absolute from Coventry.
I can't understand why you have a problem getting one, I thought it was the law ie: the final legal document that confirms the marraige no longer exists.
Therefore by law you should be issued a decree absolute, and be able to get a copy of it.
I guess.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:02 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Originally posted by Karen D
What? Exactly the same date and everything??

Were you married to Denis???!!!

Ha Ha Karen... now that would be funny!! No, I don't know Dennis, never met him, never heard of him 'til just now!!! Just the wording is the same... different names!! Different place!!

Rogerpenycate - I too had my divorce decree's from Coventry County Court. Small world!

Maggie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Ha Ha Karen... now that would be funny!! No, I don't know Dennis, never met him, never heard of him 'til just now!!! Just the wording is the same... different names!! Different place!!

Rogerpenycate - I too had my divorce decree's from Coventry County Court. Small world!

Maggie
Maggs,
I knew I'd seen you somewhere before !
If I ever get my hands on you, you screwed me for every
penny I had.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:25 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Maggs,
I knew I'd seen you somewhere before !
If I ever get my hands on you, you screwed me for every
penny I had.
Ha Ha.... my ex husband said something similar!!!

Maggie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha Ha.... my ex husband said something similar!!!

Maggie
GRRRRRRRR
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

What service center are you dealing with? I am with Nebraska and they seem to have a problem with this decrees, unlike other centers!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:13 pm
ScarlettHill

What service center are you dealing with? I am with Nebraska and they seem to have a problem with this decrees, unlike other centers!
Yep my decree absolute - which looked like a scrawny bit of paper with no signs or seals - was accepted here in Texas. In fact, the day I got it I faxed it to my hubby from the library down the road from the court, and it was the fax copy he submitted. No RFE and 129F approved no problem, despite filing the 129F the day after the divorce was made absolute and despite not having a certified hard copy. Go figure. Nothing standard about this process, I guess... Good luck.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:50 pm
Andy Westmoreland

"Denis" <[email protected]> wrote
    > monica&ed wrote:
    > >
    > >I got divorced in the UK and I can see that many of you had a problem
    > >with the decree absolute as in the UK the judge doesn't sign or seal it!
    > >I thing that our RFE is about this! Did anyone esle had a similar
    > >problem? How can be proved that this decree is absolute?

> Also at the bottom of the paper is printed :-
    > D37 Decree of Absolute(Divorce)

My D37 has two stamps on it. That of the county court in red, and a date.
Neither stamps were particularly clear or visible on the photocopy, but they
are there on the original.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.