WOW

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:01 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOW

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Exactly. I just want my life back. And because it was good before, i am not worried about going back. Infact i keep having the same dreams over and over again about how my life used to be. Must be a sign
Hello you - sounds like you've come to a decision - I think there are 2 types of people unhappy in Oz - those who are just in the wrong part of Oz and a need a relocation and those who just crave the UK and know that they'll never be happy until they're 'home.'

I knew I was one of the latter - sounds like you are too - glad you have made your decison xx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by pommybird
Hello you - sounds like you've come to a decision - I think there are 2 types of people unhappy in Oz - those who are just in the wrong part of Oz and a need a relocation and those who just crave the UK and know that they'll never be happy until they're 'home.'

I knew I was one of the latter - sounds like you are too - glad you have made your decison xx
I made the decision as soon as we got here to be honest. I just knew it wasn't for me. Well, Perth that is. Love the East side, but i know i could never settle. I am so eager to get back i dream about it all the time, send myself cracker's i do. I'm wishing the day's and week's away and luckily time is flying by.
The flies seem to be getting worse again, don't know what everyone else thinks, but they are driving me nuts
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

East side is 100 times better for holiday and weekends. I cant imagine living in perth, too remote, way too many rednecks and hillbillies. Heat so oppressive for large chunks of the year and just nothing going on.

Its like a really sterile retirement town...

Not for me...

East side has way more going for it, but its still Australia, still boring, still lacking any real culture IMO.

Go back to the UK, way more going on, good and bad but interesting at least.

Good luck
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:30 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
East side is 100 times better for holiday and weekends. I cant imagine living in perth, too remote, way too many rednecks and hillbillies. Heat so oppressive for large chunks of the year and just nothing going on.

Not for me...

East side has way more going for it, but its still Australia, still boring, still lacking any real culture IMO.

Good luck
Why do Brits stay in that hole all you say plus the flies make it a hellhole,
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sherro

Not for me...

Good luck

I don't think East is boring. It amazed me at how different it was. I was expecting the worst, but pleasantly surprised. Now i'm back in Perth, i can feel my head boiling with boredom again even though the sun is shining. Or maybe that's it...the sun gives me headaches now...i feel naked without my sunglasses on.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:13 am
The Doctors Assistant

Samuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really nice

I don't think East is boring. It amazed me at how different it was. I was expecting the worst, but pleasantly surprised. Now i'm back in Perth, i can feel my head boiling with boredom again even though the sun is shining. Or maybe that's it...the sun gives me headaches now...i feel naked without my sunglasses on.

What was it about over East that you liked? Was it just because you where in holiday mode?

Why not try thinking that about Perth, for however long you have left here think I’m on holiday for xx months/weeks and do some of the tourist stuff. Get out into Northbridge/Lederville or Subi, a couple of times a month OH and me stay over in the city and go shopping, pubing and clubbing.

Not trying to say that you will suddenly full in love with Perth, but it may help your last few months bearable and you may go home with some good memories.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Samuel Spaniel
What was it about over East that you liked? Was it just because you where in holiday mode?

Why not try thinking that about Perth, for however long you have left here think I’m on holiday for xx months/weeks and do some of the tourist stuff. Get out into Northbridge/Lederville or Subi, a couple of times a month OH and me stay over in the city and go shopping, pubing and clubbing.

Not trying to say that you will suddenly full in love with Perth, but it may help your last few months bearable and you may go home with some good memories.
Good idea. I have actually done all of that and enjoyed it. But for me, it's just not enough to keep me occupied for a long time. Variety is the spice of life
We did Adventure World few weeks back too. Couldn't help being abit disappointed with it, but it was a very hot day. I love bike riding over in Perth though. We did it back in UK too, but must admit it is nicer to cycle here.

Hey, let's go clubbing together that's my favourite hobby
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:10 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea. I have actually done all of that and enjoyed it. But for me, it's just not enough to keep me occupied for a long time. Variety is the spice of life
We did Adventure World few weeks back too. Couldn't help being abit disappointed with it, but it was a very hot day. I love bike riding over in Perth though. We did it back in UK too, but must admit it is nicer to cycle here.

yeh and come back with a black eye Northbridge is getting well rough, best havin a beer and a barbie.... how boring!! they lose there appeal after a while.

Last edited by kez81; Mar 11th 2008 at 8:25 am.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:29 am
The Doctors Assistant

Samuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really niceSamuel Spaniel is just really nice

Originally Posted by kez81
yeh and come back with a black eye Northbridge is getting well rough, best havin a beer and a barbie.... how boring!! the lose there appeal after a while.

Northbridge can be a bit rough, but it's no worse than my hometown on a Saturday night and have been lucky so far not to see any trouble. Also I prefer Subi for a night out.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:33 am
The Doctors Assistant

If you like cycling check out this site (if you haven’t already), some of the river paths are my favourite.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/cycling/1518.asp
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:30 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Samuel Spaniel
Northbridge can be a bit rough, but it's no worse than my hometown on a Saturday night and have been lucky so far not to see any trouble. Also I prefer Subi for a night out.
i never said it was my hometown is pretty much the same on a saturday night!!! most of mates back home tend to stay in the local bar we were back at xmas and spend many a night there too it was brill!!!

Also its quite hard to go out clubbing when you have young kids and nobody to babysit i would go out more if i could.