Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Would you go back to UK if you were I?

Wikiposts

Would you go back to UK if you were I?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

melsie35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would you go back to UK if you were I?

Originally Posted by Volt61
What was your life REALLY like when you were living in the UK (minus the children that you now have of course)?

Essentially, that's what it will be like and whatever state your various relationships were in prior to leaving, will be where you resume them.
My life was good, I worked had a good social life, I did have my first child in the UK and when I went on maternity leave did not want to go back to work (would have had to if I stayed in the UK), the job offer in US came at a point when we were not looking for it, it landed in our laps, what sweetened the pot was the fact I could stay at home with the baby. When I visited UK on holidays, I kept in touch with almost everyone, even down to ex co-workers who have made effort to travel across London to visit. I don't expect same social life I had, but I suspect it will be better than here in the mid-west.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

melsie35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would you go back to UK if you were I?

Originally Posted by melliset
The discussion is not about the citizenship, it is all about tearing up of emotional into two parts. You are not at times thinking wisely, because you cannot control your emotions.
So true, but I took the question meaning I could come back to US in future if I so wished without having to deal with immigration/visas if life did not work out as expected if I were to move back to UK.