Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

worries about going home.....please help!

worries about going home.....please help!

Old May 19th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worries about going home.....please help!

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
It takes a great deal for me, being a very accepting, placid person, but you John are now beginning to really get up my nose.

At last.....someone who sees things the way I do and has had the time and the will to write it down. Excellent post Alicecat.
Migrating to Oz is no longer the dream it once was.
I was thinking exactly the same thing..thanks alicecat for taking the time to put what the reality is
Old May 19th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
I normally advocate to stay and get your citizenship, if not for your yourself, then do it for your kids, as one day it may be something that they look back on and think I'd like to go back there. However, I'm not, I think you need to come back and re acquaint yourself with the lifestyle here; The UK is dirty, its become a landfill site, a garbage pit that is overcrowded, postage stamp in size bursting at the seems with Binge Drinkers chav, violiant yob culture that has infested the UK, exurbanite prices for things like TV License, Petrol, over priced shoe box size housing, car Tax, Mot every year.

PS. Anyone else thinking about coming back - Do yourself and your family a favour, GET YOUR CITIZENSHIP........

Regards

John

dont tell me to do whats best for my kids...i CONSTANTLY do whats best for them,hence the move back to the uk.If we stayed here another 2yrs to get our citizenship we'd lose everything,our life savings have gone as it is.
we dont even LIKE canada,no offence to those who do.
get a grip on life ,are you some sort of reporter or agent getting paid for giving bad publicity about the uk???!!!!!!!! honestly, life in canada isnt whats its made out to be ,not for us anyway.
i dont have to justify my move to the uk to you, live a little in my shoes,with constant pain due to the weather changes/pressure.
chances are you wouldnt have stuck it this long
have you ever actually lived any where else other than the uk?
Old May 19th 2007, 7:59 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by englishrose
dont tell me to do whats best for my kids...i CONSTANTLY do whats best for them,hence the move back to the uk.If we stayed here another 2yrs to get our citizenship we'd lose everything,our life savings have gone as it is.
we dont even LIKE canada,no offence to those who do.
get a grip on life ,are you some sort of reporter or agent getting paid for giving bad publicity about the uk???!!!!!!!! honestly, life in canada isnt whats its made out to be ,not for us anyway.
i dont have to justify my move to the uk to you, live a little in my shoes,with constant pain due to the weather changes/pressure.
chances are you wouldnt have stuck it this long
have you ever actually lived any where else other than the uk?
None of what you say, and this means a majority of you can't wait to jump ship, sick and tired of the way things are over here, your words not mine, I hate the violence, too much taxes, housing too expensive, your words not mine, best thing for the kids, yeah were immigrating for the kids, better lifestyle blah blah blah, more opportunity for the kids, just go into any other forum and your see this echoed all over, so these are the words you typed not me.

Canada, New Zealand, the States, Australia. Hey presto, just like magic and only after a few lousy months, a complete 360, Oh the kids like it here, but sod them, I don't like the TV, too many adverts, I've got no friends, no pubs, too cold, I'm bored. Anyone that would go through this whole immigration process which can take years with out the smallest amount of consideration or lack of forwarding thinking to do the basic due deligence of what your getting yourself and your family into is beyond me and in your particular case " I don't like the telly", "too many repeats" that has got to be the lamest/dumbest excuse I have ever seen in any post of any thread.

Maybe when you come back to your council estate and reintegrate into the pigsty this country really is, your get a dose of reality and realise that someone was trying to offer you sound advice, if not for you, then for your kids...stupid women.

Everyone is entitled to come back for whatever reason, I've done it before myself, but only the stupid would do it without securing their citizenship..end of point..
Old May 19th 2007, 8:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe when you come back to your council estate and reintegrate into the pigsty this country really is, your get a dose of reality and realise that someone was trying to offer you sound advice, if not for you, then for your kids...stupid women.
Patronising Twat.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Yeh sure is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been in Ni for the past 6 years and regularly visit my family in England. Believe me the rate of change is hard to take in.

e.g My family have had an account with a local garage for 30 years, i walked in to that garage 3 month ago and could not purchase an english speaking news paper.

My parents were burgled for the first time 4 years ago, they have since been burgled 5 times. I wont go into the response from the police!!

I wouldnt go back if there were other options, but thats my conclusion from what I know.

Good luck
Old May 19th 2007, 9:11 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yeh sure
Ive been in Ni for the past 6 years and regularly visit my family in England. Believe me the rate of change is hard to take in.

e.g My family have had an account with a local garage for 30 years, i walked in to that garage 3 month ago and could not purchase an english speaking news paper.

My parents were burgled for the first time 4 years ago, they have since been burgled 5 times. I wont go into the response from the police!!

I wouldnt go back if there were other options, but thats my conclusion from what I know.

Good luck
I can't imagine the uk being all that bad.Every country has draw backs which need to be improved.Why do so many brits love their country if things are so bad ? And why do you think so many people want to immigrate there if Britain is so horrible?The UK is changing multiculturally but that is happening in every nation including usa,canada,australia and NZ. Technological advances will continue to allow greater access for people to migrate.Maybe that change in population makeup will take time for people to accept but cultural diversity is not a bad thing.
Old May 19th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

None of what you say, and this means a majority of you can't wait to jump ship, sick and tired of the way things are over here, your words not mine, I hate the violence, too much taxes, housing too expensive, your words not mine, best thing for the kids, yeah were immigrating for the kids, better lifestyle blah blah blah, more opportunity for the kids, just go into any other forum and your see this echoed all over, so these are the words you typed not me.

Canada, New Zealand, the States, Australia. Hey presto, just like magic and only after a few lousy months, a complete 360, Oh the kids like it here, but sod them, I don't like the TV, too many adverts, I've got no friends, no pubs, too cold, I'm bored. Anyone that would go through this whole immigration process which can take years with out the smallest amount of consideration or lack of forwarding thinking to do the basic due deligence of what your getting yourself and your family into is beyond me and in your particular case " I don't like the telly", "too many repeats" that has got to be the lamest/dumbest excuse I have ever seen in any post of any thread.

Everyone is entitled to come back for whatever reason, I've done it before myself, but only the stupid would do it without securing their citizenship..end of point..
LOL! This must be a wind up and I'm not falling for it - Cheerio Dozy Muppet, enjoy your life!

Last edited by fishfinger; May 19th 2007 at 9:47 pm.
Old May 19th 2007, 10:29 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Please come to Canada. You will fit right in until you realise that they actually don't like immigrants much here either. At least if you leave the UK, there will be one less misogynistic berk to deal with when I go home. Always a silver lining...
Old May 19th 2007, 10:58 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Please come to Canada. You will fit right in until you realise that they actually don't like immigrants much here either. At least if you leave the UK, there will be one less misogynistic berk to deal with when I go home. Always a silver lining...
He'd fit right in with the Aussie men here as well, if only the Aussie men would accept him being a Pom.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:18 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yeh sure

Good luck
Surely these "newbies" with no posts but so much drivel to spout should be brave enough to use their real monica and not hide behind a new sign on.
It just seems strange to me to join an expat site with the sole purpose of abusing people, pointing out how stupid people are and how they are selfishly hurting there families.
You are not clever, you are sad and need to get a life. We are not interested in your side of the argument because you, the muppet and the rest of the arrogant, sanctimonious knumb nuts know nothing about the shit the individuals on here are dealing with and bring nothing of any value to the forum.

Kevin

Last edited by kevinl; May 19th 2007 at 11:23 pm.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dozy! just having a look around on the return to england board and saw your name as one i recognised I can understand some want to go back to UK but i agree some of the reasons are amazing! Prices, coldness, education etc etc ........ cant believe people did not think or investigate these before emigrating.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jempee
Hi Dozy! just having a look around on the return to england board and saw your name as one i recognised I can understand some want to go back to UK but i agree some of the reasons are amazing! Prices, coldness, education etc etc ........ cant believe people did not think or investigate these before emigrating.
It really bugs me that people come on here and really don't know or understand what they are talking about. Everybody has a different experience when they move abroad, I just hope you don't fall flat on your face as your lack of compassion makes me feel sorry for you.

Researching until you are blue in the face doesn't mean a thing, real experiences do. I wonder why all these people who are happy in parts of the world feel the need to come on forums just to upset others? Surely if you life is so wonderful you would be out there enjoying it.

Last edited by fishfinger; May 19th 2007 at 11:57 pm.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

you absolute idiot....your name says it all....do you think id leave a place cos of too many adverts??? you're more stupid than you appear !!! not even going to respond to any more of your crap,you fool.
get a life, you're a joke
Old May 19th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fishfinger
It really bugs me that people come on here and really don't know or understand what they are talking about. Everybody has a different experience when they move abroad, I just hope you don't fall flat on your face as your lack of compassion makes me feel sorry for you.
I totally understand everyone has different experiences when moving abroad and IF i ever did go back i would hope it would be for a good reason. As of course i dont know what the future holds.
Old May 20th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jempee
I totally understand everyone has different experiences when moving abroad and IF i ever did go back i would hope it would be for a good reason. As of course i dont know what the future holds.
And seeing as you haven't been in Canada very long you just don't know how you will feel. My first year was spent thinking everything was just fab so please don't come on here and ridicule people, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.