Wishing I was home

Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all
Default Wishing I was home

Well thought it was time that told my story.
I moved out to Canada in 06 things were good at first but after a year or so every thing went to hell. my wife and I are now separated and have 2 young girls. What was once my dream has now turned into my nightmare I no longer want to stay in Canada but feel trapped because of my 2 girls and my ex's wish to stay here. I'm heading back to the UK for a visit soon, 1st time in 3 years.really looking forward to it. Friends back home have been great.
Just going to take it 1 day at a time at the moment but my heart is no longer here.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:52 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wishing I was home

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit
Well thought it was time that told my story.
I moved out to Canada in 06 things were good at first but after a year or so every thing went to hell. my wife and I are now separated and have 2 young girls. What was once my dream has now turned into my nightmare I no longer want to stay in Canada but feel trapped because of my 2 girls and my ex's wish to stay here. I'm heading back to the UK for a visit soon, 1st time in 3 years.really looking forward to it. Friends back home have been great.
Just going to take it 1 day at a time at the moment but my heart is no longer here.
Hi there
Just wanted to check in and say welcome to the forum - it is full of people just like you (me included!) who are full of indecisions, homesickness, "what ifs" etc that have been gathered on the great expat adventure! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time of it at the moment, I can imagine how torn you must feel if your wife and children wish to remain in Canada and you do not. That's not a fun situation for you at all. I hope we'll all be able to at least offer you some comfort that you're not alone in how you feel. I'm going back to the UK for the first time in 2 years this week, and I too am incredibly excited! Im' sure we'll both get a great deal of support from our friends back home and although that won't make decisions or reality any easier, I'm sure it will at least put a smile on our faces for a while.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and enjoy the trip home.

Do take it a day at a time and see how things go.

I can't really give any advice, but know that the people on the board here are a great lot and as well as being very practical, can also offer a place to vent.

All the best and good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Hi there
Just wanted to check in and say welcome to the forum - it is full of people just like you (me included!) who are full of indecisions, homesickness, "what ifs" etc that have been gathered on the great expat adventure! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time of it at the moment, I can imagine how torn you must feel if your wife and children wish to remain in Canada and you do not. That's not a fun situation for you at all. I hope we'll all be able to at least offer you some comfort that you're not alone in how you feel. I'm going back to the UK for the first time in 2 years this week, and I too am incredibly excited! Im' sure we'll both get a great deal of support from our friends back home and although that won't make decisions or reality any easier, I'm sure it will at least put a smile on our faces for a while.
Thanks for your kind words. It's not made any easier as my boss is English and a very good friend of mine, who also wants to move back to england next year..lol

Last edited by kwazywabbit; Apr 27th 2009 at 7:58 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave_Was
Good luck and enjoy the trip home.

Do take it a day at a time and see how things go.

I can't really give any advice, but know that the people on the board here are a great lot and as well as being very practical, can also offer a place to vent.

All the best and good luck.
Thanks a lot
I did use this board when i was looking to move out here all those years ago..
Just feels strange talking about moving back.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:31 pm

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind words. It's not made any easier as my boss is English and a very good friend of mine, who also wants to move back to england next year..lol
Uh oh - that's not great that you've got someone else who will also feed your desire to return! I know I'm not talking to my friends in the UK about how I feel as they will simply encourage me to pack my bags and get back there as quick as possible! I have visions of you and your boss at the water cooler, having nostalgic conversations about the UK . Am not making light of your situation, as I get it completely, but have to admit the water cooler vision is making me chuckle!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Uh oh - that's not great that you've got someone else who will also feed your desire to return! I know I'm not talking to my friends in the UK about how I feel as they will simply encourage me to pack my bags and get back there as quick as possible! I have visions of you and your boss at the water cooler, having nostalgic conversations about the UK . Am not making light of your situation, as I get it completely, but have to admit the water cooler vision is making me chuckle!
Your not wrong, we are always talking about UK and he will say "have a look at this house" or "what do you think of this place to live".
I have a few friends who know whats going on and they can't wait for me to come over this summer. They have already organised every thing down to the beer and the pubs we are going to visit.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:56 pm

Your not wrong, we are always talking about UK and he will say "have a look at this house" or "what do you think of this place to live". I have a few friends who know whats going on and they can't wait for me to come over this summer. They have already organised every thing down to the beer and the pubs we are going to visit.
Don't even get me started on the amount of Estate Agents websites I've been surfing lately As for pubs - that's a definite must on any trip home - mines a white wine spritzer please...............
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Don't even get me started on the amount of Estate Agents websites I've been surfing lately As for pubs - that's a definite must on any trip home - mines a white wine spritzer please...............
Lol I know have been looking at Estate Agents and car ads...

Can't wait to get to my local have a cold beer ohh and visit a beer garden not a patio..
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear things haven't worked out to plan. I guess this is life in a relationship no matter what part of the world you're in. Enjoy your trip back home in the summer but I would just take it one day at a time and not try to make any big decisions. It's good to get advise from others but only you can decide where you'll end up.

Saying that though (here comes the but) it might be easier/more comfie to stay in the UK but what about the wee ones Do think about them too. Every child needs their Dad!!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

irenka1944 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a widow from the UK, and always dreaming of returning to stay, but the price of housing there is making that impossible. I have lived in Canada most of my life with a few trips to scotland, m heart will be there always.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:07 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irenka1944
I am a widow from the UK, and always dreaming of returning to stay, but the price of housing there is making that impossible. I have lived in Canada most of my life with a few trips to scotland, m heart will be there always.
The house prices are dropping, maybe it's time to take another look, if thats where you really want to be.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

irenka1944 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reply, I have been watching real estate but the problem is that I know that I will never have a house in scotland like the one I have here. It's a big adjustment. But I am going home this summer so will have a good look around. Irenka
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gcauseway
Sorry to hear things haven't worked out to plan. I guess this is life in a relationship no matter what part of the world you're in. Enjoy your trip back home in the summer but I would just take it one day at a time and not try to make any big decisions. It's good to get advise from others but only you can decide where you'll end up.

Saying that though (here comes the but) it might be easier/more comfie to stay in the UK but what about the wee ones Do think about them too. Every child needs their Dad!!!
And thats the problem, thats why i feel so trapped. I want to be back in England But i Can't leave my girls. So i will plod on and take it one day at a time.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irenka1944

I'm finding it the other way round house prices were i'm from (Norwich)have drop at lot.
But here in Cochrane they are still very high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.