Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Will NZ electrical goods work in the UK?

Wikiposts

Will NZ electrical goods work in the UK?

Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

welwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will NZ electrical goods work in the UK?

Hi
Does anyone know if my NZ puchased electrical goods(especially the TV) will work back in the UK. Wife and I nervous about going back after 6 years but know its the right thing to do.
cheers
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:56 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will NZ electrical goods work in the UK?

Originally Posted by welwi
Hi
Does anyone know if my NZ puchased electrical goods(especially the TV) will work back in the UK. Wife and I nervous about going back after 6 years but know its the right thing to do.
cheers
Aussie ones do so if you are the same as Aussie which you most probably are, being as NZ is like another state of Australia they will be fine.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

Your electrtical stuff will work but your TV may need to go through a digibox or sky dish to get it up and running.
We just got back in August after 6 and a half years in NZ.

Hi
cheers
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks for that, how are you finding it? Are you happy you made the move, where were you living in NZ?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

We were on the Otago Peninsula just outside Dunedin, it was fantastic.
To be honest at this moment in time I cant wait to return.

Hi
Thanks for that, how are you finding it? Are you happy you made the move, where were you living in NZ?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Why's that?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Why's that?
I am not enjoying the UK like I hoped I would have. I came back for a job.
I had forgotten what a class riddled depressing miserable country England is.
We will head back in a year or so.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your updates, many thanks for taking the time out for me.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ken
Happy New Year, You have just pointed exactly what we said, we are loving it at present the weather up here is great, keep in touch Jane
Yes all your electricals will work our TV, Fridge and the all important coffee machine did, do not expect decent coffee back in the UK that was certainly something i missed!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janeyk
Hi Ken
Happy New Year, You have just pointed exactly what we said, we are loving it at present the weather up here is great, keep in touch Jane
Yes all your electricals will work our TV, Fridge and the all important coffee machine did, do not expect decent coffee back in the UK that was certainly something i missed!
Costa coffee is good but after that you can keep it.
I am at that 5 month point Jane, and well, you know how it feels even though Cornwall is nice.
Sorry to hijack the thread
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

and its winter! wait to the summer rush avoid the A30!!!!!!! It still feels good here but then it is summer relies have manged to find their way here so not too bad keep in touch Jane
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janeyk
and its winter! wait to the summer rush avoid the A30!!!!!!! It still feels good here but then it is summer relies have manged to find their way here so not too bad keep in touch Jane
Its raining here today and is going to do so for another 3 days.
Petrol is now £6 a gallon
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Cch topped 34c yesterday today another scorcer! although rain forecast for the rest of the week! DS is on camp hope is not washed out!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:15 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
cheers
Just popped over from the NZ Forum and noticed you've not been welcomed
so 'welcome to BE' You'll see from my signature that we gave NZ a go ( OH born in NZ but raised in UK) but for a variety of reasons (the main one being my homesickness ) we made the decision to come back to UK after a much shorter stay than yours ....but likewise we both knew it was the right thing to do.
Good luck on your return......you're bound to be nervous but at least you'll have summer to look forward to and happy posting on BE!!
B x