Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why would you move back to the UK?

Why would you move back to the UK?

Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:22 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why would you move back to the UK?

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Why would anyone want to move back to the UK?

Apart from missing family and friends............?????

everyone has their reasons, me included. dont be so hasty to judge rob mate
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has made me laugh, there is Sam, etc talking about Penises and breasts and everyone else seems to be having a serious conversation around it as if it wasn't happening, it would make a good comedy sketch......
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
everyone has their reasons, me included. dont be so hasty to judge rob mate
Did you return to the UK? Doesnt seem 5 mins you were off to Oz.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Did you return to the UK? Doesnt seem 5 mins you were off to Oz.

i did!!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

i did!!!!!
Well I'm back real soon. Nothing to be ashamed about.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:20 pm

Well I'm back real soon. Nothing to be ashamed about.

bet you lasted more than 6 weeks!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

bet you lasted more than 6 weeks!!!!
Well ok just a bit....see my PM.

But 6 weeks or 6 years makes no odds. You tried it and didnt like it. Better than never trying it and never knowing. I tried Celery once....freaking hated it but at least I know now...wont eat celery anymore.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:46 pm

But 6 weeks or 6 years makes no odds. You tried it and didnt like it. Better than never trying it and never knowing. I tried Celery once....freaking hated it but at least I know now...wont eat celery anymore.

i hate celery too. bugga, could have saved myself a fortune!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mean to be argumentative but how can you know after 6 weeks whether you like it or not, I have had longer holidays.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't mean to be argumentative but how can you know after 6 weeks whether you like it or not, I have had longer holidays.
Thats not for either you or I to say, since neither of us walked in her shoes.

Havent you ever met someone before and simply not liked them? You've only known them moments but dont like them and cant say why? It can be the same for places.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:05 pm

well to be honest, i knew after about 6 hours we are all different and like it or not, you dont know me and i dont know you.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

well to be honest, i knew after about 6 hours we are all different and like it or not, you dont know me and i dont know you.
absolutely rooksie, I totally agree.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Thats not for either you or I to say, since neither of us walked in her shoes.

Havent you ever met someone before and simply not liked them? You've only known them moments but dont like them and cant say why? It can be the same for places.

No I haven't. I am a firm believer in you can't judge a book by its cover. It takes time to get to know people/places/things
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

No I haven't. I am a firm believer in you can't judge a book by its cover. It takes time to get to know people/places/things
Well then we have to agree to disagree. One thing I learned in my job is the ability to weigh someone up very fast. Smell a lie and spot the BS. Had to.

Did you know that your impression of someone is made within the first 10 seconds?
Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:40 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Well how long is "Time"?

a week?
a month?
6 months?
a year?
10 years?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.