Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why would you move back to the UK?

Why would you move back to the UK?

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would you move back to the UK?

Because its where I belong!.
I think if I stay here for the next 20 years I will still not feel that I belong.
Since living here it has made me realise that the village in the uk has much more for my children than I can offer them here.They we also quite happy before all this.
It's just taken me to come across the otherside of the world to make me realise.
I was only trying to do the right thing and thought that they could have a better lifestlye here.Makes me feel awful each day to know that I have screwed up.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Because its where I belong!.
I think if I stay here for the next 20 years I will still not feel that I belong.
Since living here it has made me realise that the village in the uk has much more for my children than I can offer them here.They we also quite happy before all this.
It's just taken me to come across the otherside of the world to make me realise.
I was only trying to do the right thing and thought that they could have a better lifestlye here.Makes me feel awful each day to know that I have screwed up.

You havent screwed up at all, you tried something different and it wasnt for you. Yes it cost you financially, but don't most things in life one way or another.

You tried a different way of life with the best intentions and there is nothing wrong with that.

Not many kids get that opportunity in life and yours have learned that the other side of the world is accessible to them - should they want it.

Dont be hard on yourself, you have done nothing wrong at all.

And dont let people judge you, its your life, your family and your emotions and mostly, your choice.

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
You havent screwed up at all, you tried something different and it wasnt for you. Yes it cost you financially, but don't most things in life one way or another.

You tried a different way of life with the best intentions and there is nothing wrong with that.

Not many kids get that opportunity in life and yours have learned that the other side of the world is accessible to them - should they want it.

Dont be hard on yourself, you have done nothing wrong at all.

And dont let people judge you, its your life, your family and your emotions and mostly, your choice.

Arrh thankyou for your support .I am feeling pretty low tonight.
Its nice to know that someones on my side.
sending Karma.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

sending Karma.
I'm on your side. I do understand.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:31 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

sending Karma.

It makes me laugh when others judge on this situation when they know nothing about what the person is going through or feeling.

People are very good at living the lives of others and judging them for it.

Please dont feel low, things have a habit of working out (Samantha says hopefully )

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:50 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Idiot!

You, like I have been here for 2 minutes. People move back for whatever reason, that's their choice, timeframe is irrelevent.
You are obviously still in the honeymoon period or pretending to be.

nearly forgot how much i love you mate - thanks for reminding me
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys.Iam so glad I have this site it is my life line.
Its just so nice to be able to be in touch with people who know exactly how you feel and what your going through.
Its comforting to know that I am not totally on my own there are quite a few of us all going through the same emotions.
The media have a funny way of going on about people from the UK emmigrating but don't seem to report on all the ones returning.
Strange is that!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:45 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
nearly forgot how much i love you mate - thanks for reminding me
Thanks Jac
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.Iam so glad I have this site it is my life line.
Its just so nice to be able to be in touch with people who know exactly how you feel and what your going through.
Its comforting to know that I am not totally on my own there are quite a few of us all going through the same emotions.
The media have a funny way of going on about people from the UK emmigrating but don't seem to report on all the ones returning.
Strange is that!
I've seen someone on the BExpats that this is now being done!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:06 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Get a life mate!!!!!

You must be another ex pat idiot as you totally miss the point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Idiot!

You, like I have been here for 2 minutes. People move back for whatever reason, that's their choice, timeframe is irrelevent.
You are obviously still in the honeymoon period or pretending to be.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Get a life mate!!!!!

i wasnt aware that you were actually making a point, just a really stupid statement.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
i wasnt aware that you were actually making a point, just a really stupid statement.

[hello flower, hope alls well in your neck of the woods ]
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:28 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Get a life mate!!!!!

Are you seriously calling us all 'ex pat idiots' because we don't agree with your point of view (or as you put it, 'totally miss your point')? The only idiot I can see on here is you.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

[hello flower, hope alls well in your neck of the woods ]

fine and dandy thanks mate - just bloody well knackered