Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why would you move back to the UK?

Why would you move back to the UK?

Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why would you move back to the UK?

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl]
Originally Posted by gardnma

Yes...we would have loved for our daughter to go to uni in the UK...but she wasn't interested.
Would you have paid more here in say, a state university like Rutgers, than in the UK?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
So what are you going to call your new club then? You could advertise it in the Australian section...
Er........ think I'll call it......Desperate Housewives!! Because god knows there's an awful lot of them here!!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beryl the Peril
Er........ think I'll call it......Desperate Housewives!! Because god knows there's an awful lot of them here!!
All you need now is the toyboys.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

All you need now is the toyboys.
Agreed! There's plenty of them around too, but I don't think they're that interested in the middle-aged Desperate Housewives club! Sadly!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed! There's plenty of them around too, but I don't think they're that interested in the middle-aged Desperate Housewives club! Sadly!
What age do you call middle aged?

Last edited by Mercedes; Oct 26th 2006 at 3:02 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 3:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What age do you call middle aged?

Old Oct 26th 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought 75 might have been nearer the mark, or maybe 80.....I see a few in this middle aged era seem to have a few toyboys, Sophie Loren, Joan Collins, Gina whatshername,
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

I thought 75 might have been nearer the mark, or maybe 80.....I see a few in this middle aged era seem to have a few toyboys, Sophie Loren, Joan Collins, Gina whatshername,
Lollobrigida? (or is she dead?!) Yes, I think most young men would be prepared to bypass the plastic surgery for a chance of pulling extremely rich megastars and a slice of their pie!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Lollobrigida? (or is she dead?!) Yes, I think most young men would be prepared to bypass the plastic surgery for a chance of pulling extremely rich megastars and a slice of their pie!
don't be so cynical
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

my In-laws have just gone back to UK...they love it here in OZ but can't wait to get back to some decent shopping...clothes shopping. They mentioned all the designer makes and shops i miss so much, the shoes etc...Brother in law coming back to OZ in 2 weeks...with suitcase full of new gear!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Why would anyone want to move back to the UK?

Apart from missing family and friends............?????
I really liked the radio and television programmes in the UK so much more than the Australian offerings.

I would move back for the British culture.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

don't be so cynical
Cynical? Oh dear - there goes my sense of humour flat on it's face again!!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:38 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Why would anyone want to move back to the UK?

Apart from missing family and friends............?????
Idiot!

You, like I have been here for 2 minutes. People move back for whatever reason, that's their choice, timeframe is irrelevent.
You are obviously still in the honeymoon period or pretending to be.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Idiot!

You, like I have been here for 2 minutes. People move back for whatever reason, that's their choice, timeframe is irrelevent.
You are obviously still in the honeymoon period or pretending to be.
Just to let you now that today is one reason why Britain is a place to savour. That's the weather. Today it is fantastic. It was a bit frosty overnight but very sunny and really pleasant now, if still a bit on the cold side. I know some people move to sunnier climes because of 300+ days of sun. Fair enough but I personally enjoy a variety and we certainly have that and I just love seeing differences in the weather day by day.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Just to let you now that today is one reason why Britain is a place to savour. That's the weather. Today it is fantastic. It was a bit frosty overnight but very sunny and really pleasant now, if still a bit on the cold side. I know some people move to sunnier climes because of 300+ days of sun. Fair enough but I personally enjoy a variety and we certainly have that and I just love seeing differences in the weather day by day.

I agree, also its nice because its not too varied like Canada, was in the 40's this summer with the humidity and this morning its -1 and there is snow on the ground! brrrr!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.