Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ON BE SO NASTY ???

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ON BE SO NASTY ???

Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ON BE SO NASTY ???

Here here. We have tried for kids, but it aint goin to happen, so our pets are our lifeline.

Is it not possible to have pets forum on BE where we do not offend other users ?

But other than that, I still do not understand the human psyche that has to be so bloody horrible to posters. Some of the comments have completely flawed me - is there a clique going on, am I not wanted here, am I just irrelevant to others "living the dream". Am I too new to the site to be treated like others ?????

Sorry, but I have wanted to leave BE for a while now, but there are some people who make it worth while. I am 12 000 k from my family, I am having a really crap time,trying to get a grip of what is going on on then - BAM. You are floored by a really weird (and illogical) load of crap. with no back up or support from BE. Why are these posts not deleted ?

I need this site for support, and want to give support to others - there is no room for vindictiveness.

Ah well, counting the days till we get home. A xxxxx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alliekate
Ah but I am afraid to put anything real on here for the fear of being shot down again, when I am already quite vulnerable.

I have been thru a lot over the last six months, and support is what I need and want to give. Why should someone be allowed to slag me off for grieving about a dog i lost in quarantine ? What is that all about.

And yes, I have written several pm's to the offenders to confront them, but it is something that needs to be dealt with by BE. Free speach is one thing, free bitching and slagging off are another. There are human beings behind all these messages and I for one want to help others in a similar situation to mine.

Maybe I should ask for a set up of a "safe" support group within BE where these tossers can't get a look in ? I know it's a public forum, but for goodness sake.

A xx

ps maybe a seperate "PETS FORUM " would be the answer ????????????? questions, answers, quarantine, jabs, death, you name it - is that a possible ? Without inflicting our problems on the non-pet people of this forum ? (of which there are a lot). Just a thought. A xxx
Hi Allie, dont come here very often, but sorry to hear your comments.

Firstly, as has been pointed out, if you dont like someones attitude then put them on ignore and you wont have to see them any more

Secondly, the mods cant see everything, and if theres a post that is abusive in any way then report it by hitting the report post button. Rule one covers this .... people should treat each other with respect

People are banned regularly on this site ... some temporary, and some permanently. Some come back as alter ego's but we usually suss them out in the end.

Please dont let a minority discourage you from posting on here
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks for that - but when you are vulnerable it is hard to not listen to what is said. Really hard. there is some nasty shit on here.

And boy, sorting the shit from the wheat is kinda tough on this site.

As I say, I just want to support people going thru what I am going thru - nothing more, nothing less. And in return be supported.

I know it will always be the same, and as much as I want this site to help me ( and I the others on it) , I know the crap will always be there. Have a look at my Quarantine thread for a hint of what I mean. :curse:

I am a really nice , but lonely person, who needs friendship and support - but I have been beaten down by the crap posted here and that is so sad. And they seem to get into every thread ????

So I am not sure what to do - and believe me my sense of humour is HUGE, but not at the moment.

ps I have considered that the shit postings add to the number of hits which equals advertising. Not exactly what you need when you are 12 k from home and reaching out for help ? Why are these nasty posters not dealt with ? The hurt and shit they stir up is not acceptable but they seem to be able to get away with it. To all those shit posters - THINK BEFORE YOU POST AND GROW UP.

A xx

Sometimes I think that cyber bullying is far more painful than face to face.

Had a few bad experiences on here that I wont go in to but you are right, people can be horrible.

Can I just ask if you know an RSPCA inspector called Mike Beaman? Oh yes, another one called Lee (Hopgood- I think that is his surname, I cant remember)

I've worked with them when I worked in a vets a few years ago.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:49 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very big shame that there are some complete a-holes out there with no compassion for anything or anyone. When I first came to the board I spent a lot of time on the USA forum and made some good friends. One couple I remember had some trouble, and the guy had a bad accident right before he was meant to come over. There was some d**k on the forum cracking jokes about it, and one comment this person made sent me into a rage that humans can be so hateful. It's disgusting.

I've found since then, that these people are best ignored and eventually they crawl back under their rock. I know it's hard to not bite, but that's exactly what they want. They'll end up sad and alone (if they're not already) and I take some comfort in that.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Angry Re: WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ON BE SO NASTY ???

Ah but the same old nasty posters keep coming up. Ready to shoot you down and make you feel like crap. Why are they allowed to do that ? Cos they have been here so long ?

As I say, I have turned to BE for support during a really difficult period of my life (i.e right now) . I have no one else to offload to, but I try to balance this with support and care for other posters. It's my nature to want to help and support people - i guess i have been very naive to think it would be reciprocated - and that makes me very sad. There are some really nasty people out there that BE should be dealing with. :curse:

A xxxx

ps do BE want a list ? I'm sure we could supply one very quickly ............................
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

There are some really nasty people out there that BE should be dealing with. :curse:

A xxxx

ps do BE want a list ? I'm sure we could supply one very quickly ............................
Well ........ can I suggest you pm admin then to take it up with them
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Do you seriously think it would make any difference ? I have posted a few hundred times, these people have posted thousands of times, and I suspect abused other posters along the way.

Surely the mods can see what is going on (like my Quarantine thread). That poster should be banned from re surfacing on this forum forever, but I suspect he will not be.

BE - you are dealing with people who have made a very tough life change here, and many of us rely on this site for communication. But when the arseholes get involved, it really does affect you. No matter how much you try and ignore it.

I am as lonely as hell here and just do not understand why people are allowed to slag each other off without any intervention (or too late). Some genuine posters need this site for support - if there are troublemakers, block them out of it !!!!! It is so simple. Kick them off.

Online bullying is a serious problem, and this site is allowing it to happen

We should be supporting each other ?????????????

a xxx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:38 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I find a lot of the time is the blokes who are guilty of this behaviour although I have noticed a couple of women too.

It's a bit like a pack of gorillas jockeying for position of alpha male and pack leader Also extremely amusing when you put it like that as its the very same behaviour as spotty teenage delinquents in the schoolyard. All trying to be the most unemotional, uncaring and uncouth and god help you if you admit to liking or agreeing to ANYTHING thats considered caring, girlie, or for the masses. For some it's one big p*ssing competition.

I just laugh to myself and think "what a knob" and move on. There really isnt any point in trying to reason with them, they are completely wrapped up in the popularity contest, puffing their chests and trying to out do each other. See it for what it is. CLAPTRAP

I know you have been through a lot, just as many of us have, and we can relate to exactly how you are feeling. I think the only way to deal with it and remain on BE is either just pick out and stick to conversing with people who are your type of person. If numbnuts butt in on your threads or try to wind you up place them on ignore and you wont get to see the rubbish.

Last edited by Fleaflyfloflum; Feb 14th 2008 at 5:45 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:40 pm
Senior Moment

Online bullying is a serious problem, and this site is allowing it to happen
We should be supporting each other ?????????????
a xxx
Yes ........ I do think it will make a difference. Doing nothing will make NO difference. You have bought the matter up, and I am offering you an option. As I said before, mods cant be everywhere, there are only a certain number of us.

I, too, am a person who has made a very tough life change ... so I do know what you mean.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

CYBER BULLYING.

Yes that is what it means to me - never thought about it till now.

Well anyone that cyber bullies me again will be reported, and will also get a nice PM from me. enjoy.

allie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

ps I have considered that the shit postings add to the number of hits which equals advertising. Not exactly what you need when you are 12 k from home and reaching out for help ? Why are these nasty posters not dealt with ? The hurt and shit they stir up is not acceptable but they seem to be able to get away with it. To all those shit posters - THINK BEFORE YOU POST AND GROW UP.

A xx
This forum represents society as a whole. In other words there are people from different walks of life with different opionions and experiences. Therefore it is only normal that now and again we will clash with someone. You ask why "nasty posters aren't dealt with" well I'm sorry but moderators can not read every single one of the thousands of posts that are made on the forum daily. We rely on members to report posts they feel are inappropriate so they can be brought to our attention.

Sue
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Sue,

I will certainly be keeping you informed of particular posts from now on.

For starters a "232" (or whatever) on my quarantine thread was particuarly distressing. No surprise, he has not replied to my PM - but to be so nasty when someone is deep in grief - for a human or a dog - is totally unacceptable. Why has he been allowed to continue posting, even tho the thread has been closed down ?

Who does that respect more - him or me ?

Boy, I would like to face him - but he is a cyber bully.

Allie.:curse:
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sue,

I will certainly be keeping you informed of particular posts from now on.

For starters a "232" (or whatever) on my quarantine thread was particuarly distressing. No surprise, he has not replied to my PM - but to be so nasty when someone is deep in grief - for a human or a dog - is totally unacceptable. Why has he been allowed to continue posting, even tho the thread has been closed down ?

Who does that respect more - him or me ?

Boy, I would like to face him - but he is a cyber bully.

Allie.:curse:
Just because you don't get on with someone it does not necessarily mean they are a "cyber bully".

If you have an issue with comments directed at you please report the posts in question.

I would also draw your attention to rule 14, and on that note I will close this thread as I think all has been said that needs to be said on the matter.

Thank you

Sue