Why I LOVE Britain

Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why I LOVE Britain

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
What gives you the right to judge anyone else? The way we look is out of our control.......just shows how shallow you are.
I am not commenting on the woman's looks.I am making a point about TV. If she had been young and perceived as attractive she would then just be another tiresome quasi operatic bore.

The programme is for people who are shallow and get their kicks from watching others make an arse of themselves.

Read what you wrote. Does Simon Cowell have the right to judge others?

Dear dear!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
No, not because she is ugly, but for me, because people presumed she would be rubbish as a singer because her face doesnt comply with stereotypes and she made everyone else look very stupid for doing so!!

And if i am stuck indoors on a Saturday night because i am babysitting the bubbas why shouldnt i watch something that makes me smile?

P.S. ... i am free this evening if you would like to trip the light fantastic. Can you cope with ugly, or shall i put some make up on?
My dear FFF I'm sure you're lovely the way you are. x
I like my women in all shapes and sizes.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:28 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
I am not commenting on the woman's looks.I am making a point about TV. If she had been young and perceived as attractive she would then just be another tiresome quasi operatic bore.

The programme is for people who are shallow and get their kicks from watching others make an arse of themselves.

Read what you wrote. Does Simon Cowell have the right to judge others?

Dear dear!
In that case the same goes for anyone watching a comedian on TV and laughing at them, which really is the whole point isnt it?

And after Susan Boyle opened her mouth and sang it was HER doing the laughing at everyone else for being so patheically shallow in presuming you have to have a pretty face to be worthy. How stupid THEY looked after she sang.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats YOUR opinion, not hers. If she wanted to do it, and from what i saw she revelled in it, then why shouldnt she?
She wasnt drunk and knew exactly what she was doing.
If one of my family members wanted to do something like that, or anyhting else, as long as it wasnt harming anyone else then i would always say go for your life and enjoy yourself!! It is you that has a problem not her, and the same applies to her husband as far as i am concerned.
I have said twice ,now three times, that she has " issues's," therefore she is not a free thinking adult.

I and others like me, "with a problem " and maybe her husband are just trying to protect the vulnerable, from other women who like to see other fat women make a fool of themselves.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:30 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

My dear FFF I'm sure you're lovely the way you are. x
I like my women in all shapes and sizes.
Ooooooooooooooh i'm all a flutter now

Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:31 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by jackuk
I have said twice ,now three times, that she has " issues's," therefore she is not a free thinking adult.

I and others like me, "with a problem " and maybe her husband are just trying to protect the vulnerable, from other women who like to see other fat women make a fool of themselves.
What issues?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

In that case the same goes for anyone watching a comedian on TV and laughing at them, which really is the whole point isnt it?

And after Susan Boyle opened her mouth and sang it was HER doing the laughing at everyone else for being so patheically shallow in presuming you have to have a pretty face to be worthy. How stupid THEY looked after she sang.
No it's not. A comedian usually either tells stories about others misfortunes or his/her own or the M-I-L.

I have never watched the programme but I don't have to as it gets enough exposure.
Come on it is puerile shite and SC and Pm should be sent to Australia
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:40 pm
I don't give a damn

No it's not. A comedian usually either tells stories about others misfortunes or his/her own or the M-I-L.

I have never watched the programme but I don't have to as it gets enough exposure.
Come on it is puerile shite and SC and Pm should be sent to Australia
So by your definition, is it nice to laugh at others misfortunes? I'm just playing devils advocate here. Humour is a personal thing. What makes one person laugh will make another cringe. Doesnt mean one is more acceptable than the other.

I wouldnt make myself stay in to watch any TV programme, but if i happen to be stuck in (ie when i was babysitting) then yes, i found the show very entertaining. So do many other people judging by the success of it
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

So by your definition, is it nice to laugh at others misfortunes? I'm just playing devils advocate here. Humour is a personal thing. What makes one person laugh will make another cringe. Doesnt mean one is more acceptable than the other.

I wouldnt make myself stay in to watch any TV programme, but if i happen to be stuck in (ie when i was babysitting) then yes, i found the show very entertaining. So do many other people judging by the success of it
Look-Apparently the woman has a great voice.

She was put on a stage and expected to be rubbish and people were meant to feel the right to comment on her looks and she proved she could sing.

Don't apologise for watching it. I watched Jeremy Kyle for two days when I returned(same formula).It was awful.It seems to me that these programmes are for people who would happily watch a car crash or like to be smug.

I would happily watch a programme where Piers Morgan was fed to piranhas.

I just have a different sense of humour to most
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

What issues?
Try these ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21272895/
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:24 pm
I don't give a damn

I cant. The link wont open, but neither will any of the others i got on google relating to the Daily Mirror story.
I get the giste being she was raped years ago and had mental health issues... so?? If she was raped then its hardly surprising she HAD mental health issues. Trust me, i know from personal experience, but we wont go there!!
Does it say she has mental health issues now? There is a difference you know. Just because someone has had stuff to get over in their past does not mean they are labelled and stigmatised forever more as unstable.
As i cannot read the article, and add to that the fact its in a tabloid newspaper, i'm still in the dark as to her current state of mind.
She seemed very together and happy doing it and even thank them for giving her the opportunity to fulfill her dream. I took it at face value, and the fact it WAS a dream she had always had then i am very pleased for her to achieve it whether you, her husband or anyone else likes it!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

I cant. The link wont open, but neither will any of the others i got on google relating to the Daily Mirror story.
I get the giste being she was raped years ago and had mental health issues... so?? If she was raped then its hardly surprising she HAD mental health issues. Trust me, i know from personal experience, but we wont go there!!
Does it say she has mental health issues now? There is a difference you know. Just because someone has had stuff to get over in their past does not mean they are labelled and stigmatised forever more as unstable.
As i cannot read the article, and add to that the fact its in a tabloid newspaper, i'm still in the dark as to her current state of mind.
She seemed very together and happy doing it and even thank them for giving her the opportunity to fulfill her dream. I took it at face value, and the fact it WAS a dream she had always had then i am very pleased for her to achieve it whether you, her husband or anyone else likes it!!

I have copied any pasted it .?

Dancer Fabia Cerra has told how she suffered rape, drug addiction and mental illness that drove her to attempt suicide.

Fabia, 35, whose raunchy act stunned the audience last night, was so ill at one point she even believed she was the daughter of the Queen's late sister, Princess Margaret. She was sexually abused as a child by a relative, suffered a miscarriage and was beaten by her alcoholic mother, she reveals.

The ex-disco dancing champion was sectioned under the Mental Health Act after suffering a nervous breakdown, and had an incestuous affair with a second cousin.

Mum-of-one Fabia tells of her troubled past in her autobiography In 2 Minds. She writes: "I know that my breakdowns were brought about by the fact that I had been smoking cannabis and cocaine, taking too much ecstasy and drinking too much alcohol. Drink and drugs tear families apart." But as she was put through to the next round last night, judge Piers Morgan told her: "You're my kind of woman. If I had my way, you'd be in the final now."
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:38 pm
I don't give a damn

I have copied any pasted it .?

Dancer Fabia Cerra has told how she suffered rape, drug addiction and mental illness that drove her to attempt suicide.

Fabia, 35, whose raunchy act stunned the audience last night, was so ill at one point she even believed she was the daughter of the Queen's late sister, Princess Margaret. She was sexually abused as a child by a relative, suffered a miscarriage and was beaten by her alcoholic mother, she reveals.

The ex-disco dancing champion was sectioned under the Mental Health Act after suffering a nervous breakdown, and had an incestuous affair with a second cousin.

Mum-of-one Fabia tells of her troubled past in her autobiography In 2 Minds. She writes: "I know that my breakdowns were brought about by the fact that I had been smoking cannabis and cocaine, taking too much ecstasy and drinking too much alcohol. Drink and drugs tear families apart." But as she was put through to the next round last night, judge Piers Morgan told her: "You're my kind of woman. If I had my way, you'd be in the final now."
Thanks for posting it.

So in effect all this was in her past? It does not say she is mentally ill now.
I have to confess to you that my OH has 22yrs experience as a psych nurse so we have a bit of insight into the mental health subject.
Because someone slid down the pan mentally years ago, does not mean she is mentally ill now.
She could have come through it and be fully recovered, she could have an illness treated by medication, or yes, as you insinuate, she could be off the rails still, but she did not appear that way on the show, and this article does not indicate she is ill now!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for posting it.

So in effect all this was in her past? It does not say she is mentally ill now.
I have to confess to you that my OH has 22yrs experience as a psych nurse so we have a bit of insight into the mental health subject.
Because someone slid down the pan mentally years ago, does not mean she is mentally ill now.
She could have come through it and be fully recovered, she could have an illness treated by medication, or yes, as you insinuate, she could be off the rails still, but she did not appear that way on the show, and this article does not indicate she is ill now!!

Sorry Flea, but I can't understand why you cant see the obvious, and you say I have a problem, maybe you spent too long in the ozzy sun
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:20 pm
I don't give a damn

Sorry Flea, but I can't understand why you cant see the obvious, and you say I have a problem, maybe you spent too long in the ozzy sun
And i cant understand why you think it is ok to make assumptions about someones actions based on tabloid newspaper articles.
What difference does it make either way?? She ENJOYED doing it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.