Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Wikiposts

Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Originally Posted by cricket1
Kevin, please by all means, spill the beans and tell them what I said. OK, here it is.

This is not what you said on your pm. ????.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 23rd 2008 at 10:14 pm. Reason: editing quote - Posting of private messages on the forum is a breach of the BE rules
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Perth. Not sure who is worse off

Please use the quoting button so i know u have replied.
Probably both worse off
Cheers
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Completely unreasonable posts Cricket! As Kevin has stated, you DID ask the question and he gave his honest opinion - that is what this forum is for! You don't have to agree with it, it is what it is. I have also heard you post remarks about Australians in the past (lazy, don't want to turn up for work?) so you can't have it both ways. I think you really need to get over yourself. There is a lot of support in MBTTUK, even though we do not always agree with each other, we are all here because we have/want to move back, our reasons may differ, but our objective is the same - why start building arguments and resentment, most of us get enough of that from other people who cannot understand our decisions!!!!

BTW - I actually laughed out loud at some of Kevins comments (some of which I think may have been a little tongue in cheek!) and would like to add one more - I HATE THE F****ING FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does that make me bad? )

I may have stated that I have found the locals lazy and that it's been hard to get anybody to commit to work. But I would have also stated that I live on the Gold Coast and as such this place is a holiday resort where the main aim is to be lazy and do as little as possible. In this case I am in the wrong place, not the locals. I have not made personal attacks or generalised on the the Australian public as a whole and the only reason I want to return to the UK is because of business reasons not because I dislike the place or have a problem with the people.
In fact, when I first came here, I wrote a book on Australian architecture and design. Given the fact the country is only 200 years old, as a population, they have made amazing progress. Their perseverance and their ability to triumph over adversity in an extremely hostile climate is a tribute to them.
Despite my hardships and difficult experiences here, I can exit this country with profound gratitude and admiration for my opportunities here without the need to cast blame by making the excuse that i had to leave Australia and head back to Britain because it was someone else's fault that i couldn't make it here.

I can see where the whinging pomme reference comes from and it does not make me proud to think that some of you have to make the excuse of trying to be superior over another because it's you that's the problem not them.

If you've got any further issues, tell Lifeline. Apparently they care.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
I may have stated that I have found the locals lazy and that it's been hard to get anybody to commit to work. But I would have also stated that I live on the Gold Coast and as such this place is a holiday resort where the main aim is to be lazy and do as little as possible. In this case I am in the wrong place, not the locals. I have not made personal attacks or generalised on the the Australian public as a whole and the only reason I want to return to the UK is because of business reasons not because I dislike the place or have a problem with the people.
In fact, when I first came here, I wrote a book on Australian architecture and design. Given the fact the country is only 200 years old, as a population, they have made amazing progress. Their perseverance and their ability to triumph over adversity in an extremely hostile climate is a tribute to them.
Despite my hardships and difficult experiences here, I can exit this country with profound gratitude and admiration for my opportunities here without the need to cast blame by making the excuse that i had to leave Australia and head back to Britain because it was someone else's fault that i couldn't make it here.

I can see where the whinging pomme reference comes from and it does not make me proud to think that some of you have to make the excuse of trying to be superior over another because it's you that's the problem not them.

If you've got any further issues, tell Lifeline. Apparently they care.
Aaaahhh.....I see!!!! You weren't actually slagging off Australians in your other posts! So sorry, thank you for correcting my complete lack of understanding (obviously not as bright as you, you see) regarding your comments. It is rather unfortunate though that someone as obviously intellegent and intellectual as your good self (having not only READ books, but WRITTEN them - wow!) didn't have the forethought at the time to realise that the Gold Coast is a 'holiday resort' and not a place where people actually want to work (pffft!) to think about setting up her business in a different location?! I can only hazzard a guess that it can be quite hard to see when you're that far up your own arse!

I really don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce

Now - where's that Lifeline number......................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

It's in the yellow pages. Go get help ASAP.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly - Private message are exactly that, private. If you wish to say something on the forum, say it on the forum. Posting of private messages is against the rules.

Next - Go read the sticky thread HERE

Cut out the bitching, backbiting and snide comments. If you can't be tolerant and polite, then go somewhere else.
This is the third time I have said this in the UK forum in a week. Temporary bans will be issued soon to people who repeatedly ignore the request.

Thread closed