Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Wikiposts

Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:40 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Do You Want To Go Back?

Thanks to all who posted responsibly and sensitively to this post. I have now unsubscribed in favour of contributing to the comments of the more intelligent posters on the forum.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Always easy to spot a pseudo intellectual.

The remark smacks of "Hmm, I'm off and I'm taking my ball with me ".

Eedjit
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
Thanks to all who posted responsibly and sensitively to this post. I have now unsubscribed in favour of contributing to the comments of the more intelligent posters on the forum.
Nice but dim!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

The term 'Dog And Bone',come to mind when reading this !!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I hate cowards. I'll be the bone then!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevin747
I hate cowards. I'll be the bone then!
Fetch

What's up Kev? Where are you then mate, in OZ?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Geelong,Victoria
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Geelong,Victoria
OK, so i take it you're not too keen on the place lol.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not really.Where are you?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Not really.Where are you?
Perth. Not sure who is worse off

Please use the quoting button so i know u have replied.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Completely unreasonable posts Cricket! As Kevin has stated, you DID ask the question and he gave his honest opinion - that is what this forum is for! You don't have to agree with it, it is what it is. I have also heard you post remarks about Australians in the past (lazy, don't want to turn up for work?) so you can't have it both ways. I think you really need to get over yourself. There is a lot of support in MBTTUK, even though we do not always agree with each other, we are all here because we have/want to move back, our reasons may differ, but our objective is the same - why start building arguments and resentment, most of us get enough of that from other people who cannot understand our decisions!!!!

BTW - I actually laughed out loud at some of Kevins comments (some of which I think may have been a little tongue in cheek!) and would like to add one more - I HATE THE F****ING FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does that make me bad? )
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

Geelong,Victoria
Agree with you Kevin. I live about 20 mins down the highway from Geelong, and find it a pretty depressing place, apart from a couple of nice tree lined suburbs, ie Hamlyn Heights, Highton. Had to hang around Shannon Ave last week for a couple of hours waiting for my car to be serviced, and just thought who would really want to live here. Parts of the town just seem so run down.

The city centre is dominated by three ugly indoor shopping malls. I just don't get it when people rave over the new Westfield shopping centre. Well I suppose they don't know any better.

Eastern Beach is a just a hang out for the hoons in their cars, and I wouldn't dream now of going into the city centre for a drink over the weekend. Just not worth the hastle.

I also cannot stand Aussie Rules football, and get sick of reading and hearing about the Cats.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cricket has pm'd me.How pathetic considering she was only posting on intelligent threads. I won't be sending a reply.

I just thought you should know.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:14 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Cricket has pm'd me.How pathetic considering she was only posting on intelligent threads. I won't be sending a reply.

I just thought you should know.
Kevin, please by all means, spill the beans and tell them what I said. OK, here it is.

<<SNIP>>

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 23rd 2008 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Posting of private messages on the forum is a breach of the BE rules
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kevin, please by all means, spill the beans and tell them what I said. OK, here it is.

Tee Hee!
For your information Cricket1 I am going back to a fairly financially secure future.I shall not boast,however I'll let you know this .
Living in Australia was one of my life's ambitions and I have now achieved this.My opinions are my own and for the most part my observations and feelings about living here.
I have Australian friends who will probably remain friends when I return to Scotland.
Which brings me to "pomme".Do you mean pom or pohm or are you simply being French.Or pretentious?.I'm Scottish. Does that count?

I spend my time being charming to everyone I meet and since I have not given or received a smack in the mouth in my adult life i don't expect to receive one in the near future.I have travelled to most parts of Australia and had great times but living here is different.
Like most people who are returning or want to I shall probably reflect on the wealth of experience it has given me.I am having a good time here,honestly.

You stated that the medical research here is the best in the world.Says who?

Orthopaedic surgery here is the same as was performed in the uk in the 70's

Lots of love. You'll grow up some day.Please don't be angry with me . I shall continue to be a failure just for you

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 23rd 2008 at 10:14 pm. Reason: editing quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.