Why do they bother?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by blowfly
I am sat here with sweat dribbling down my face. I have just done some mundane chores .I am going to have to move this computer into aircon it is killingme. I think I would prefer uk /nz weather anytime.
Nooooooooo blowfly. At least when its raining in Uk you can still find things to do and places to go.
But NZ???
There's the pub or this forum.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Or grown thicker skin! Sound's like you would like Nevada, a nice dry heat.

Sounds good!
Hot, dry and dusty...ahhhhhh bliss.
Must have come from a hot country in a past life.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rascal
Nooooooooo blowfly. At least when its raining in Uk you can still find things to do and places to go.
But NZ???
There's the pub or this forum.
NZ pubs then what are they like?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NZ pubs then what are they like?
Mostly dead or a poor imitation of a Uk one.
Lifeless. Expensive.
Stopped going out about 3 years ago! Lol
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Hence the forum.
Now if I was having a 'lifestyle' that NZ is supposed to bring. I doubt I would even own a PC. Let alone be on one.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Hence the forum.
Now if I was having a 'lifestyle' that NZ is supposed to bring. I doubt I would even own a PC. Let alone be on one.
Yes I can relate to this.It is a bit rough here no doubt about that.It could be were I m of course but I wouldn't mind a place that was for everyone to go to with a few good manners just abit civil you know. I was never a big pub person,scared of drunks, but didn't go to rough places anyway. NZ sounds abit grim.My lifr is around the pc now it is good in someways and not so good in others.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I can relate to this.It is a bit rough here no doubt about that.It could be were I m of course but I wouldn't mind a place that was for everyone to go to with a few good manners just abit civil you know. I was never a big pub person,scared of drunks, but didn't go to rough places anyway. NZ sounds abit grim.My lifr is around the pc now it is good in someways and not so good in others.
I have just run out of things to do in NZ, plus add that to having n bloody spare cash to do it with?? 3 kids, cost a fortune to go anywhere.
We you get there, its just samey, samey all you've seen before.
Travel through some stunning scenery to get there mind, but I need more than scenery and fields and mountains to keep me amused. So do the kids.
When I think back to the life we had in Uk, and look at it now, I could cry.
How do you turn the clock back, anyone know??
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

We aren't pub people either, we used to go watching F1 stox back in Uk, been doing it for 20+ years, all the kids were weaned on it! Lol
Sponsored 2 of the drivers, both will be in NZ next week!!
Its different racing car spec here though, not the same as Uk, only watch it when Uk drivers are over.
We went every weekend, different location, stayed overnight in hotel, had parties and BBQ;s most nights after racing with about 50+ or more folk, a real laugh, then out of season there was the Xmas 'do's the Xmas pantomines (now these WERE funny) we had the drivers dressed up in costume doing pantomines! Oh so funnnnyyy..laugh till we cried.
Had regular trips to Holland, 8-9 times per year, trips around Europe and at least 2 main hols to Florida or LA or somewhere (even NZ)
For a laugh we used to go to Bingo too! Was a great night out, esp when I won a grand one night!! lol
Had regular 'girl' nights, shopping trips, kids days out etc.
Life was fun.
We just always had something to do and I never even went on the PC!
Sadly, I haven't found anything to do in NZ.
Beaches and BBQ's and thats it really.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Have a read and tell me what you think....

http://britishexpats.com/articles/mo...ad-to-be-home/
I think it is a great article, well-written, the passion and vitriol carefully moderated by dry humour and directness that hits the spot without being offensive or overly disparaging. Thanks for the link.

I can't comment on Dubai but it must be hard for a woman who is not part of a hetero couple, which it seems was her situation.

Haven't lived in Melbourne but isn't what she is saying akin to what Barry Humphries is saying when he is being "Dame Edna"?

I used to like the remoteness but as there is more sand in the bottom of my life's hourglass than the top, I'm beginning to see its disadvantages, especially now that travel to Europe is so easy (EC passport) and so cheap (EasyJet etc). Those things didn't exist 20years ago when I was getting ready to leave the UK. I feel I want to experience more in the next 20 years of my life, which will take me to my mid-seventies (crikey!!!) than I could staying "down here".

Special thanks to Blowfly for acknowledging and answering my post so well. MInd if I ask what part of Qld you're in? No need to be too specific. "Top end" or "Brisbane metro" or "Sunshine hinterland" type of info is all I'm interested in. Sorry to learn you are not happy. At least you know how you feel and what you want. I don't.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:59 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopCat3
I think it is a great article, well-written, the passion and vitriol carefully moderated by dry humour and directness that hits the spot without being offensive or overly disparaging. Thanks for the link.

I can't comment on Dubai but it must be hard for a woman who is not part of a hetero couple, which it seems was her situation.

Haven't lived in Melbourne but isn't what she is saying akin to what Barry Humphries is saying when he is being "Dame Edna"?

I used to like the remoteness but as there is more sand in the bottom of my life's hourglass than the top, I'm beginning to see its disadvantages, especially now that travel to Europe is so easy (EC passport) and so cheap (EasyJet etc). Those things didn't exist 20years ago when I was getting ready to leave the UK. I feel I want to experience more in the next 20 years of my life, which will take me to my mid-seventies (crikey!!!) than I could staying "down here".

Special thanks to Blowfly for acknowledging and answering my post so well. MInd if I ask what part of Qld you're in? No need to be too specific. "Top end" or "Brisbane metro" or "Sunshine hinterland" type of info is all I'm interested in. Sorry to learn you are not happy. At least you know how you feel and what you want. I don't.
I have a friend who lived in Ipswich for 9 years and returned to England recently. She said she feels as though she has awoken from a coma and is now ready to 'live' the rest of her life.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:31 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

By crikey! that's what I've been saying about New Zealand, I want to move to Australia , which says a lot about NZ doesn't it.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I have just run out of things to do in NZ, plus add that to having n bloody spare cash to do it with?? 3 kids, cost a fortune to go anywhere.
We you get there, its just samey, samey all you've seen before.
Travel through some stunning scenery to get there mind, but I need more than scenery and fields and mountains to keep me amused. So do the kids.
When I think back to the life we had in Uk, and look at it now, I could cry.
How do you turn the clock back, anyone know??
My life was fun since coming here I feel old. I am sick of bogans too.we lost alot by coming here and it wasn't worth it. I wish I could turn the clock back just to not buying thsis place,otherwise I would have been gone the end of this year but it won't be unti at least June next year. Sometimes the thought drives me mad. Anyway your out of it soon and by the sound of it you deserve it.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

My life was fun since coming here I feel old. I am sick of bogans too.we lost alot by coming here and it wasn't worth it. I wish I could turn the clock back just to not buying thsis place,otherwise I would have been gone the end of this year but it won't be unti at least June next year. Sometimes the thought drives me mad. Anyway your out of it soon and by the sound of it you deserve it.

Thanks, it will come your turn soon.
Its awful being trapped innit?
Still, just gotta convince the eldest now and then we have no reason to return then.
Slowly he is getting there, he now says he wants to live in France??
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, it will come your turn soon.
Its awful being trapped innit?
Still, just gotta convince the eldest now and then we have no reason to return then.
Slowly he is getting there, he now says he wants to live in France??
Yea my son's fiancee doesn't like it here yipee he talking of Spain then he can have the best of both worlds for him and her..
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:07 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I bet you are making a killing?
Anyway, seeing as I am winning the lotto this weekend, I will be giving all my stuff away, it got jetlag coming out here and still suffering.
So, will travel light from now on, me, my suitcases, my kids, hubby and an ipod.
Good post mate, I always wonder when i pack up a family that have it all , Pool, Debit free home , kids in top Private schools .
The lure of FAMILY has it all , if you cannot let the family go , Dont come here,you will only cause more trauma.............. mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.