Why do they bother?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by denver
When you think about it Arkon, considering the number of english people living in Australia, there would be less than one per cent of one per cent posting in this forum. Then there are the expats who moved back home to England (like my mum's best friend) due to homesickness, missing friends and family, not cause they thought Oz was a hell hole.
Have a read and tell me what you think....

http://britishexpats.com/articles/mo...ad-to-be-home/
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by denver
This reminds me of Gordon Browns newest tax... 10 pounds for every plane ticket sold, a global warming tax so to speak. Not one penny is going to new initiatives to fight the problem, of course. Just another way for New Labour to fleece the British public!
They charge you a tax when you leave here and as I understand it,that was put in by a former prime minister Fraser?That was sometime ago and I am sorry but I don't see much here in enviromental issues.I may not be up to speed with this and I am sure someone will tell me if I am wrong.I really don't see the difference with this at all.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Thankyou Arkon for that,it is very interesting.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blowfly
Thankyou Arkon for that,it is very interesting.

Arkon??
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arkon??
Sorry it is early please forgive me
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blowfly
Sorry it is early please forgive me
... i had to check out the back just to be sure I hadn't acquired a few alpaca.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:16 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

... i had to check out the back just to be sure I hadn't acquired a few alpaca.
Confused! you and me both. I followed the link and thought, can't remember writing that. It's ok blowfly I go a bit dolally when it goes over 30degrees too.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arkon
Confused! you and me both. I followed the link and thought, can't remember writing that. It's ok blowfly I go a bit dolally when it goes over 30degrees too.
Oh I know i've been mad this week well at least I know I haven't been seeind Alpacos!

Last edited by blowfly; Jan 11th 2007 at 10:24 pm. Reason: I have become dyslexic!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:02 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody brilliant
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

30 degrees?
trying to make me jealous are you?
We had the sun out yesterday afternoon, I just managed (with 2 kids help) to mow the lawns-then it p*ssed down all night, heavy rain too.
Still raining again today.
Do you want me to bottle it and send some over?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:28 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
30 degrees?
trying to make me jealous are you?
We had the sun out yesterday afternoon, I just managed (with 2 kids help) to mow the lawns-then it p*ssed down all night, heavy rain too.
Still raining again today.
Do you want me to bottle it and send some over?
Well you can keep you bad weather and you can also have my unbearable weather. Give me good old middle of the road, not too bad not too good UK weather anyday.

Today I have lots to do outside, but I can only cope for 20 minutes max then need a half hour break in the AC before I can go out again. I can feel the sun burning me through all my protection. And the big brim of my hat seems to be a nice place for flys to hang out in the shade!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Well you can keep you bad weather and you can also have my unbearable weather. Give me good old middle of the road, not too bad not too good UK weather anyday.

Today I have lots to do outside, but I can only cope for 20 minutes max then need a half hour break in the AC before I can go out again. I can feel the sun burning me through all my protection. And the big brim of my hat seems to be a nice place for flys to hang out in the shade!
Yeh NZ can keep its crap weather, coz I am leaving.
But I love hot weather, was in Qatar through their hot summer, easily 48 degrees plus.
Had the Indians/Sri Lankans stare in amazement, that here I was, pale skin blue eyd blonde, wondering through Qatar and wondering what the fuss was about the heat??
Yet, I cant sit in a sauna for long???
I am odd eh?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

PS It was 39 average when I was in Brissy, I thought I would find it unbearable but surprisingly didn't?
Then Qatar of course was even hotter!!
Maybe 5 years of NZ living has made me loose all my senses?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Rascal
PS It was 39 average when I was in Brissy, I thought I would find it unbearable but surprisingly didn't?
Then Qatar of course was even hotter!!
Maybe 5 years of NZ living has made me loose all my senses?
Or grown thicker skin! Sound's like you would like Nevada, a nice dry heat.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I am sat here with sweat dribbling down my face. I have just done some mundane chores .I am going to have to move this computer into aircon it is killingme. I think I would prefer uk /nz weather anytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.