Why do they bother?

Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:49 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Most workmen I know subscribe to the adage - 'buy cheap, buy twice'.
The cheap stuff you see is for the hobbyist, and depending on the duty cycle it gets may be the buy for you.
That might be the workmans moto as it's mine too, but the supliers around here are definately cheaper is best. If you think about it they are probably right, afterall if you can sell a cheap thing that breaks quick they must then sell another one to replace it.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:34 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by this thread, the Removal industry will be busy next year a mass exodus by the look of it.............. mm
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:20 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Judging by this thread, the Removal industry will be busy next year a mass exodus by the look of it.............. mm
It is amazing though isn't it, how so many of us must be wrong, and have the wrong attitude and hence the reason we aren't settled.

I must admit I didn't realise there were so many that felt the same way about the place as I do, on the one hand I glad not to be alone but sad on the other hand that so many of us spent so much time, money and effort to get here to be greeted by something that in reality is just so far from the dream that seems to be perpetuated.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
It is amazing though isn't it, how so many of us must be wrong, and have the wrong attitude and hence the reason we aren't settled.

I must admit I didn't realise there were so many that felt the same way about the place as I do, on the one hand I glad not to be alone but sad on the other hand that so many of us spent so much time, money and effort to get here to be greeted by something that in reality is just so far from the dream that seems to be perpetuated.

I dont think you are wrong, you make the right decision for you and your family.

At the same time I don't think that everyone who is enjoying living in Australia is wearing rose tints because that would be patronising to say that.

Everyone is entitled to like where they live - or not.

And just because you dont like it, it doesnt mean you have a bad attitude any more than the ones who love it are on the honeymoon period.

As its been mentioned, nobody understands your situation until they have been in it.

Your life and your choice of where and how you choose to live it.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FPM
Why do they say 'unAustralian' like it's a bad thing?

I enjoyed my first few years here very much, but like water dripping on a rock, what seems seems like a harmless few drops eventually changes the shape of who you are without always realising it. With every trip home I'm remonded of who I am, where I come from and what I used to be like and beautiful the landscape and culture is that shaped this 'rock' in the first place.

I'd like to be that person again, not some shape invented by a non existant culture and a forced sense of identity

God, ditto and ditto. I used to have so much energy once upon a time. I've been dispirited and depressed and lacking in enthusiasm for almost a decade now. Day in, day out, year after year, you get worn down by it so much.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT
God, ditto and ditto. I used to have so much energy once upon a time. I've been dispirited and depressed and lacking in enthusiasm for almost a decade now. Day in, day out, year after year, you get worn down by it so much.
the outdoor life-style here i find is lacking in energy. Sitting around on a beach or in the park is just not fun and lacks entusiasm. There needs to be more to do. I think in years to come things will change for the better, it has to.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:55 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! That could be me talking! Reading this has made my day....,might even be able to convince myself that I am sane!!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 2:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by paulrachel
the outdoor life-style here i find is lacking in energy. Sitting around on a beach or in the park is just not fun and lacks entusiasm. There needs to be more to do. I think in years to come things will change for the better, it has to.
Might be why they are one of the worlds fattest nations. I find for about half the year when it's hot or basically above 24 that it just saps my energy to go outside so I don't, I can't even get up the go to walk the dogs. I used to walk them 3 times a day and huge half day walks at the weekends, bike rides etc too. Bu here I've turned into a baked couch potato.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I havent been here a decade and do not intend to be. however your post describes me perfectly.Here I am past 3pm in the afternoon and I haven't even got dressed.I have done silch and today I have given up. I am in that retirement home already and it sucks.Roll on my escape.

Last edited by blowfly; Jan 10th 2007 at 4:11 am. Reason: darn fingers and keys
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
I havent been here a decade and do not intend to be. however your post describes me perfectly.Here I am past 3pm in the afternoon and I haven't even got dressed.I have done silch and today I have given up. I am in that retirement home already and it sucks.Roll on my escape.

PMSL, here we are 12k miles from home, our mates and family back home think we are 'living the dream' while they are 'rotting in Uk hell' and in truth, we sit here most days counting the hours till bedtime!
Was just having this same conversation here today with another ex pat who was still in her dressing gown well after lunch. She wasn't surprised when I said that I was just the same at the weekend. Just couldn't pull myself together to even get dressed. I am leaving soon too!!

You just gotta laugh or else you'd cry!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Might be why they are one of the worlds fattest nations. I find for about half the year when it's hot or basically above 24 that it just saps my energy to go outside so I don't, I can't even get up the go to walk the dogs. I used to walk them 3 times a day and huge half day walks at the weekends, bike rides etc too. Bu here I've turned into a baked couch potato.
Lucky you, enough sun to bake in!
We have just had more rain again today, & thunder.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
God that is so scarily like me at weekends! Some days I get up at lunchtime and am dressed in time for dinner at night. No reason to get dressed, we hardly ever go out, so whats the point
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
God that is so scarily like me at weekends! Some days I get up at lunchtime and am dressed in time for dinner at night. No reason to get dressed, we hardly ever go out, so whats the point
your own self respect Polly thats what.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:18 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
your own self respect Polly thats what.
feel like crap dressed or naked I'm more comfortable nekkid :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rascal
PMSL, here we are 12k miles from home, our mates and family back home think we are 'living the dream' while they are 'rotting in Uk hell' and in truth, we sit here most days counting the hours till bedtime!
Was just having this same conversation here today with another ex pat who was still in her dressing gown well after lunch. She wasn't surprised when I said that I was just the same at the weekend. Just couldn't pull myself together to even get dressed. I am leaving soon too!!

You just gotta laugh or else you'd cry!
And they really do think your living it dont they.One of my freinds has been on hoiday 3 times last year,she doesnt earn anyway near what we have I would trade her.I never thought of that maybe I should try and do a swap I live there you live here...................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.