Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:18 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Re: Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Originally Posted by aston man
hey mate if you dont know why you moved,do you want me to remind you what its like down your old neck off the woods.great Barr that is...

only joking mate,i can think of worse places to live.well only a couple

dont forget to save me a few bricks.I'm out in jan for a month any chance of me coming to lay a few bricks with you?dont forget I'm cheap! 2 bottles of beer a day i think was our agreement.

take care mate ,keep doing your bit for us brummies over there...

m.

You alright mate?
Yeah mate?
Good mate?
Yeah mate, too easy!
Good mate.
Right mate.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:09 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]Very refreshing chance, very different attitude. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity that I've waited over 2.5 years for. [/QUOTE]

Many congratulations to you Polly. Fab news. Hope you have a great long w/e.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:44 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishnorfowl
Wow ! Overyones comments seem quite negative.
Is this because only those it hasn't worked for use these forums ?

I was born in the UK,emigrated with my parents at age 9.
Now living in UK married to an English woman.We lived in Melbourne
for 3 years,she hated it.Money was tight,kids were very young.
Now on the verge of returning this time to Qld.Want better life for kids
etc.Think it might be different now kids are 10 and 13 ?But really unsure!
We've been on and off with this for last 6 years,the itch wont go away
but we feel once we go there's no turning back and that's very worrying.
If you are serious about moving back to Oz, I honestly wouldn't leave it until your children are much older as it will be so much harder for them to adapt. Part of our reason for returning is because we left it too late so that our youngest could finish high school in the UK. She was 16 when we came here and she stayed just a couple of months before returning.

Good luck in your decision
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:35 am
Just Joined

fishnorfowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Due to the specific nature of the Moving Back to UK forum, there are bound to be lots of negative comments about Australia - this board is mostly frequented by those who haven't settled in Oz, for whatever reason.

If you want to see the other side of the fence, have a look at the Australia Lifestyle & Culture forum. Though you should be warned that this forum can swing completely in the other direction so you have to be able to filter and just take in what you need

Welcome BTW.
Thanks for your comments I guessed that only those that are discontented in some way would use this forum,and thats from both hemispheres.There seemed so many unhappy people that it sent me into a bit of a tail spin.Feeling better today.
I guess discontent is in the nature of all those who think of emigrating,actually do it and even more so for those that return.
wnmoore where are you based,is it working for you?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishnorfowl
Thanks for your comments I guessed that only those that are discontented in some way would use this forum,and thats from both hemispheres.There seemed so many unhappy people that it sent me into a bit of a tail spin.Feeling better today.
I guess discontent is in the nature of all those who think of emigrating,actually do it and even more so for those that return.
wnmoore where are you based,is it working for you?
I recently moved to Darwin (sort of on the spur of the moment after being offered a job by a mate!). We spent a year and a bit in Brisbane before that and loved it. To be honest, things have worked out really well for us and at this point in time, I can't imagine a time when I would want to move back to the UK - having said that, I'm realistic enough to realise it could happen.

We are going to England for a visit next month so I will let you know if things change after that. I'm kind of hoping that the trip will confirm that I'm better off here but I'm no fortune teller.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=LouiseD;4327144]If you are serious about moving back to Oz, I honestly wouldn't leave it until your children are much older as it will be so much harder for them to adapt. Part of our reason for returning is because we left it too late so that our youngest could finish high school in the UK. She was 16 when we came here and she stayed just a couple of months before returning.

QUOTE]

Lucky, lucky, lucky girl...