Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:40 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why did you move to Australia in the first place.

Originally Posted by toandfro
I didn't think they needed drugs in Perth ,they're all silly enough on fresh air
Breathing of to much air in perth has been banned by the enjoyment police
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
So all Northern folk are off you Christmas card list too then?

C stop waiting up for the postman delivering 'toandfro's' card, it's not coming!
will do chick. anyway australia post are rubbish didn't you know
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:11 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
will do chick. anyway australia post are rubbish didn't you know

...what would you expect, they are in Australia!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:57 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
So all Northern folk are off you Christmas card list too then?

C stop waiting up for the postman delivering 'toandfro's' card, it's not coming!
I've send them postage due so long pockets short arms it up to you if you get one he he hehe
Old Jan 10th 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FPM
I find it more like Planet of the Apes
I came because I was 16 and didn't have much say in the matter! Brainwashed into accepting it by all the "better life" spiels from the folks (considering that I loved my life as it was, I thought "ooh, even BETTER? Coool!" Ah, the naivety of youth), not to mention the lies that we'd be going back to the UK for hols every 2 years at the most (they went back once, 4 and a half years later, and schmucko here wasn't invited - "too expensive"). So here I am, fifteen years later, trapped in hell, with no way out, and the parents (since they're retired and basically retired the moment they got here) have no idea what it's like to try and build a life here, and are quite happy to loll around in the sun waiting to die.
Welcome to Hell.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT
I came because I was 16 and didn't have much say in the matter! Brainwashed into accepting it by all the "better life" spiels from the folks (considering that I loved my life as it was, I thought "ooh, even BETTER? Coool!" Ah, the naivety of youth), not to mention the lies that we'd be going back to the UK for hols every 2 years at the most (they went back once, 4 and a half years later, and schmucko here wasn't invited - "too expensive"). So here I am, fifteen years later, trapped in hell, with no way out, and the parents (since they're retired and basically retired the moment they got here) have no idea what it's like to try and build a life here, and are quite happy to loll around in the sun waiting to die.
Welcome to Hell.
Hello again,
I was told the other day that itv, is looking for expats living in Oz, who have been here for a number of years,and cannot afford to go home.
Apparently they will pay your fare home and accomadation for 4 weeks, to see if you would like to return to the U.K. I don't have all the info but perhaps someone else on here may be able to help......
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Hello again,
I was told the other day that itv, is looking for expats living in Oz, who have been here for a number of years,and cannot afford to go home.
Apparently they will pay your fare home and accomadation for 4 weeks, to see if you would like to return to the U.K. I don't have all the info but perhaps someone else on here may be able to help......
Yeah, I know, but I don't much fancy becoming a reality tv star with tv cameras invading your privacy all the time. Not my idea of fun.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I know, but I don't much fancy becoming a reality tv star with tv cameras invading your privacy all the time. Not my idea of fun.
yeah, I guess so, it would not be much fun with them in your face all the time,there is always a down side,but I wish you all the best, and do hope that one day you will get home. never say never !!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Hell.
what is stopping you returning to England. Have you married and had a family here?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

what is stopping you returning to England. Have you married and had a family here?
No. FINANCE is what's stopping me. I've had little more than the odd casual job in 13 years (since leaving school), despite being HUGELY qualified. It's borderline absurd, I'm convinced it's the "who you know" thing.
Then there's family issues, too. They wouldn't stop me from going if I could actually afford it, but I can't, and I certainly won't get help from them. All they do is read the International Express and give you the "Britain's gone to the dogs" routine. I don't believe a word of it, I'm afraid, and even if I was in a no better spot financially in the UK, I would have at least have had a couple of friends still and felt at home rather than as a fish out of water stranger in a strange land.
The appalling exchange rate is depressing as hell, too!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

No. FINANCE is what's stopping me. I've had little more than the odd casual job in 13 years (since leaving school), despite being HUGELY qualified. It's borderline absurd, I'm convinced it's the "who you know" thing.
Then there's family issues, too. They wouldn't stop me from going if I could actually afford it, but I can't, and I certainly won't get help from them. All they do is read the International Express and give you the "Britain's gone to the dogs" routine. I don't believe a word of it, I'm afraid, and even if I was in a no better spot financially in the UK, I would have at least have had a couple of friends still and felt at home rather than as a fish out of water stranger in a strange land.
Yes the who you know syndrome. I am afraid to say in some industries its like that the world over.

I think you would notice a big difference in England today as an adult and the England you left as a 16 year old, that isn't saying your parents are right just that you have a bit of the old rose tinteds on with regards to how you think your life would be there now.

Do you not have family there you could go and bunk down with, aunts, uncles etc if you had enough for a flight and a bit extra.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the Finance is a stinker!!!
It will take us 12 months to save up and go back (just for a holiday) but worth every penny. Then hopefully we can see if it has gone to the dogs
My family says nothing has changed (just the weather lol), my friends are moving to better homes, some getting married etc, will miss all that, so that will have changed but thats all.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:16 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Hello again,
some where in the index there is a page called the media (or similar) but since the changes I can't find my ass with both hands and let me tell you thats a hard thing to miss one of you mods able to help?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
some where in the index there is a page called the media (or similar) but since the changes I can't find my ass with both hands and let me tell you thats a hard thing to miss one of you mods able to help?
Try this
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:31 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Do you not have family there you could go and bunk down with, aunts, uncles etc if you had enough for a flight and a bit extra.
Even if he did, because he's been out of UK so long. made no NI contributions etc, he won't qualify for JSA or IS as he won't pass the habitual residency requirement. Now that REALLY does suck! One fark up NL did make!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.