Whos gone/going back?

Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:33 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
I thought that may be the case.We are emmigrating back to the UK though so cannot see why we cannot have the extra allowance.
Oh Well we will have to make sure we pack well.
I do not have many clothes for cooler weather anymore so good excuse to get to Next and buy a load more lol.

lol, yes thats exactly what i said to hubby
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Amanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Which other regulars over the past year or two have or are returning?

Tracey
We have been back in the UK since the end of December. It has been a very stressful experience moving back but I am glad that we did it. We were in Auckland, NZ and are now living in a tiny village between Oxford and Newbury.

My children finally started school at the begining of this week and are loving it. We have been very lucky to get them in to really good schools and my little one in to Nursery part-time.

It was quite difficult to find a decent house to rent in the right location, but we held out and eventually something came up although very expensive. We did not see anything which we wanted to buy and did not want to rush in to the first house and make a mistake. I forgot how small houses are here. We had to throw away alot of stuff and will be putting lots of things in storage.

Spring is almost coming and the days are getting longer. I feel really positive about being back. I have already made a Kiwi friend in the village. Once she heard that I have come back from NZ she appeared! (one of the first things she said to me was that she had been watching cricket last night and NZ had beaten Aus!).

Time is up on the PC in the library which I am using, so have to go.

Mandy.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 1:00 pm
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to add my two penny's worth for any Brits coming back and reading scare stories about the UK and crime etc and whatever.
I came back after 6 months in Oz. With hindsight, I didn't give it long enough (yep I ignored everyone's advice) so I am heading back for a second go - this time for a few years so I can really make an objective decision.

BUT...my reaction on returning to the UK, has been one of pleasant surprise - and I think it took Oz to make me appreciate the merits of the UK..the people, the climate, the sheer beauty of the place; proximity to Europe, and just a feeling of liveliness and being at the centre of things that I found missing in Oz. Yep, I think crime is getting worse in the UK, in some spots, and better in others - and same story the world over. So don't be scared. Its still a great place to live.

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
You have no idea what other members are remembering for Gods sake and, I doubt anyone wants your pity either. Do you know every member who wishes to return personally? If not, then how do you know who has been home recently and who hasn't and, who has been away from the UK for a long or short period of time? Think before you speak.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil & Chele
whoa there... do not know where in the UK you live and obviously you are not that happy there, but please do not generalise the whole of the UK just by your experience... I love where i live though admittedly have been looking at what life may be like to live in Oz, but to be honest do not know whether i can trade in what I have here just to have a few more pounds in my pocket at the end of the month.. Think it may be a good move for you to try maybe living in another part of the UK before you continue to knock it...

I moved form a small city in the North to the South Coast and after research believe that I already have the Australian lifestlye but with a smaller house and not so great weather!!
Oh my ITA with you there, every place has good and bad points.

I cant agree with the UK long forgotten as it was only 4 months ago I lived there and I am going back.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Which other regulars over the past year or two have or are returning?

Tracey
I like others occasionally look through the various threads, we moved to NZ Dec 2005, my hubby was from the Nth Shore and after 5 years of being together wanted to come home so we packed up everything including my dog and moved.
Firstly I really didn't realise how much I would miss our friends and the impact of us leaving would have on them. We lived in a small vilalge in the Cotswolds and hubby and I (no kids) had a great life, why move you may ask ?? Well we had both had divorces, no money and thought it would be easier for us over here. I must be honest firstly we have saved money when we have both been in work, BUT firstly it took me 5 months to get a job, when are you going back & Kiwi's come first were my main hurdles.
Would I come home ???? TOMORROW !!! But I told my hubby I would give it 2-3 years and that is what I am going to do, although we are back this May for two weddings and a christening so he may have to drag me on that plane kicking and screaming !!!!!!
I think no where is Utopia and you have to decide what is the most important thing in your life, and for my home is where the heart is so I with hubby in NZ.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

I moved form a small city in the North to the South Coast and after research believe that I already have the Australian lifestlye but with a smaller house and not so great weather!! [/QUOTE]

Spot on ! Been back in Dorset 3 weeks,and loving it. Feel alive, relieved, happy, normal, we belong, " I know what I like and I like what I know". We have got a job, car, school sorted etc, and almost a house... funny we didn't have the enthusiasm to do it all that quickly in oz.... (p.s will do proper post about the return soon. Bit busy enjoying life right now though. x ).
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Phil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by seasprite

Spot on ! Been back in Dorset 3 weeks,and loving it. Feel alive, relieved, happy, normal, we belong, " I know what I like and I like what I know". We have got a job, car, school sorted etc, and almost a house... funny we didn't have the enthusiasm to do it all that quickly in oz.... (p.s will do proper post about the return soon. Bit busy enjoying life right now though. x ).[/QUOTE]

Great to hear that some one that has been there done that and had the courage to come back - Regardless of what people may say!! Where abouts in Dorset have you come back to ???
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:39 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I moved form a small city in the North to the South Coast and after research believe that I already have the Australian lifestlye but with a smaller house and not so great weather!!

Spot on ! Been back in Dorset 3 weeks,and loving it. Feel alive, relieved, happy, normal, we belong, " I know what I like and I like what I know". We have got a job, car, school sorted etc, and almost a house... funny we didn't have the enthusiasm to do it all that quickly in oz.... (p.s will do proper post about the return soon. Bit busy enjoying life right now though. x ).[/QUOTE]

Hello Seasprite, I was wondering how you were getting on. So glad to hear all is well. Keep posting won't you. I know there are others on here who like to read how you returnees are getting on.Good luck with everything.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amanda
We have been back in the UK since the end of December. It has been a very stressful experience moving back but I am glad that we did it. We were in Auckland, NZ and are now living in a tiny village between Oxford and Newbury.

My children finally started school at the begining of this week and are loving it. We have been very lucky to get them in to really good schools and my little one in to Nursery part-time.

It was quite difficult to find a decent house to rent in the right location, but we held out and eventually something came up although very expensive. We did not see anything which we wanted to buy and did not want to rush in to the first house and make a mistake. I forgot how small houses are here. We had to throw away alot of stuff and will be putting lots of things in storage.

Spring is almost coming and the days are getting longer. I feel really positive about being back. I have already made a Kiwi friend in the village. Once she heard that I have come back from NZ she appeared! (one of the first things she said to me was that she had been watching cricket last night and NZ had beaten Aus!).

Time is up on the PC in the library which I am using, so have to go.

Mandy.
I am so envious of you, we moved out to NZ Dec 2005, hubby is a kiwi, prior to that we were living in the Cotswolds. I still haven't settled here and I am sooooo looking forward to our holiday in May to see our friends in the UK my only worry is that I won't get back on that plane !!! I loved living where we did but as we were divorcees & mid 40's starting again with practically nothing hubby thought we would have a better lifestyle here. If I am honest we are saving money but that doesn't make up for missing friends and the Cotswolds.
Sharron.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that some one that has been there done that and had the courage to come back - Regardless of what people may say!! Where abouts in Dorset have you come back to ???[/QUOTE]

ummm a little place you may know called Ashley Cross! staying at mums for now; even that feels ok.Actually all our old neighbours and friends have been delighted to see us and no one has asked why or commented that we must be mad etc. I am seeing England with fresh eyes and enjoying it more than ever before.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I am seeing England with fresh eyes and enjoying it more than ever before.
You're not alone
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Seasprite, I was wondering how you were getting on. So glad to hear all is well. Keep posting won't you. I know there are others on here who like to read how you returnees are getting on.Good luck with everything.[/QUOTE]

I will keep posting as I feel it is down to us to tell it how it really is! No one else is qualified to comment unless they have lived it the same.(if that makes sense?).
I did tell England that you loved her once we were inside Heathrow. You would have loved the snow that greeted us.
Anyway as tehy say in Oz..(annoyingly) " It's all good".
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Phil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura about

QUOTE]

ummm a little place you may know called Ashley Cross! staying at mums for now; even that feels ok.Actually all our old neighbours and friends have been delighted to see us and no one has asked why or commented that we must be mad etc. I am seeing England with fresh eyes and enjoying it more than ever before.
I do know that little place we live round the corner from there in Conifer Park... I think that its great that you have been there and done it and come back regardless, we have been thinking of moving over to Australia ( maybe through rose tinted spectacles) Can I ask why you didn't settle over in Oz.. you can PM me if thats ok..
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:25 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seasprite - nice to hear you are still settling in ok. Yes it's so strange that things we took for granted can be seen through different eyes now. Every time I drive past a field with sheep or cows or horses, I just smile and stare. Isn't it lovely to see all the daffodils everywhere too? After a year in the Melbourne suburbs, it looks just beautiful. I can't wait to get up to the Lake District in a few weeks.

Same here with the friends and neighbours - not one of them has said we are mad to come back, they are all just interested in our experience and tell us they wish they had the guts to try something similar.

Keep enjoying
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:08 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi Seasprite - nice to hear you are still settling in ok. Yes it's so strange that things we took for granted can be seen through different eyes now. Every time I drive past a field with sheep or cows or horses, I just smile and stare. Isn't it lovely to see all the daffodils everywhere too? After a year in the Melbourne suburbs, it looks just beautiful. I can't wait to get up to the Lake District in a few weeks.

Same here with the friends and neighbours - not one of them has said we are mad to come back, they are all just interested in our experience and tell us they wish they had the guts to try something similar.

Keep enjoying
Now you've done it. I want proof. Photo's of Daffodils.....please.

I love Daffodils and that has been one of my 'misses' here in WA. The Daff's we have here are atrocious and, they are only in the shops for a few weeks at the most. They are always open and I think I got about 6 in a bunch,last for a day and cost about $4 last year. Appalling. I have tried growing them, but everything under the ground eats the bulbs.

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing well and enjoying life back home. It will be me.....,one day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.